anyone have any luck...?

Tyler15

Is there anyone out there that has any luck hunting coyotes with snow on the ground with no lights? Here in Vermont we can hunt at night but cant use artificial light. The only way i think it could be possible is when there is like a foot of snow on the ground during a clear full moon night.

Tyler,

We used to call on full moons with snow, back in Iowa, when I lived there. They were the same way...no artificial lights. We had pretty good luck and it made for some extremely exciting hunting. You'll be amazed at how good your ears will start working in the dark. Quite a few coyotes were heard crunching across the snow, far before we ever saw them.

Give it a try...very exciting hunting.

Tony

Believe me I understand. I'm in the same boat. I even gave one a try and bought one of the $150 "night vision" monoculars once.

Don't bother. I returned it immediately. It gave me a fuzzy view of a spot about the size of a nickel at 50 yards. That was about all it accomplished.

a full moon night with snow on the grounds gives plenty of vision here in Iowa. helps to have a 50mm scope to get in as much light as possible. like it was already said, no artificial light here...big open fields next to a patch of timber works great. sit in a fence line or something similar. good luck!!!

Back