CoyoteSniperFJ and Cronies start the season off right

coyotesniperFJ

I dont want to make this lengthy so let's get busy! Seeds, Butch, and I Left Yuma late Wed and decided to sleep outside like tough guys on sleeping bags on dirt (30deg). 30 minutes into the bags and an angry coyote started barking at us from about 25yds away telling us we were not welcome! This went on for 45mins as two other dogs joined in.

Thursday AM, first stand about 1/8m from camp brought this action. Seeds missed with shotgun and I took a shot and dropped her with Hansel (my shotgun):
paulisidro1.jpg

Called in a double next set. Seeds connects on this one and my Grendel (Hansel and Grendle, get it?) records its first kill:
isidro1.jpg

paul1.jpg

Couple more drys stands...then Butch the VietVet kills this:
charlie1.jpg

More stands, could not get shots on some dogs, some stands dry. Then Butch shoots this biggie:
charlie2.jpg

Winds were hectic all day so we dealt with that. Few more stands then me and Hansel get busy:
paul2.jpg

We tough guys decide to hotel it Thursday night so we stay at a Tucson Hotel. Friday we start with some dry stands. Then Butch drills this dog which, after multipe shots, we named Bipod. He used my 204 because he lost his shooting sticks!:
charlie3.jpg

The wind is fickle today too so a few more stands and then me and Hansel get more action (stupid me just took a pic of the dog from my shooting position. You can see the Fury in the bush and the dog to the left):
paul3.jpg

We make a few more stands as it is getting hot (and we are getting stinky and before we leave and head home)and Seeds gets this one with his 835:
isidro2.jpg

Overall, we had a great time. We did not miss any dogs that we shot at, though we could not get shots off at all dogs that came in. Oh well, that is the way it is and we are happy. Got another few trips scheduled with some guys online here in the next few weeks. Thanks for hanging in here and hope you did not get too bored.

Paul

HOM%20-%20Banner.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for taking the time to post your hunt and your pics. looks like you guys had some good stands. sounds like you worked for the ones you got too. congratulations on a good hunt. good shooting. i like the ladder. thinking about giving a ladder a try on some of the spots i hunt here in alabama.

Great writeup & pics.

Would sure like to see some more details on the elevated stand in picture #6. Looks like it would be a bit more stable than a ladder and easier to get into and out of.

Does the tripod fold for portability? Closeup pics would be great! Thanks.

Regards,
hm

The tripod is a prototype I am trying to market made of Carbon Fiber and Aluminum. I am working on a second model right now that I am going to have a Phx guy test who is bigger than me as I continue this process. The only problem is it will be very pricey. Not sure if anyone would ever buy it (since a cheapo ladder works and can he had for $50) but it is light weight and that is what I wanted it to be.

We will see. I will work on sending you a PM.

Back