Snowsack!

Wolfwoman

I was asked to make this almost a year ago for a gentleman whose wife was having a baby in July. He trapped the beaver and the yotes himself, sent them off to be tanned and then sent them to me. This is called a Snowsack on the pattern that I have. The bottom is closed, the sleeves are closed. I think baby will be able to use this for two winters and then it can be sent back to me to be made into a coat!!

If anyone is interested, three large beaver hides, one yote and $175 for me to make it.

Snowsack001.jpg

Snowsack002.jpg

Snowsack003.jpg

Snowsack004.jpg

Snowsack005.jpg

Really nice!! I should want one myself for the mid january stands, but i´ll never get enough beavers shot to make one fit me
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Awesome work!!!

///Fredrik

wow very nice! i would LOVE to have one, but it doesnt get cold enough in alabama! ill have to get one of your hats one day though! they are VERY NICE!
GREAT JOB!

Wolfwoman,
I just happen to have a little one on the way. If I wanted you to make one from coyote with gray fox trim. How many tanned furs from each would you need to make one of these.

I would think 3-4 coyotes for the main body of the garment, and then probably 4-6 greys for the trim depending on their size. They're not huge fox, so it would be safer to send more and I can send back what I didn't use.

Wow your work is beautiful. I love to see fur being used. A true renuable resource. Those are great. I look forward to the day I can send some furs up your way.

Back