Help Mountain Lions!!

OklaCougar

I have had 1 horse killed 1 horse hurt really bad and 3 dogs killed. My daughter and I saw 2 mountain lions on my place. I also have pictures of the tracks. Everyone tells me that my pictures are dog tracks. Well I know that they are not, because I copied 2 of the pictures off of a mountain lion website and they look just like my pictures. Will someone tell me what to do Please!!

You got a gun? Could you have safely (clear backstop) shot them? Have you checked with the state game and fish? Is there a food source or water, that they can access? Sorry for all the questions but telling you just shoot them seemed rather simplistic.

can you put the pics on here, where is harmon at? if you can tell me where its at i could tell you the wildlife service # to call

Ryan,
Its a little north and a lot West of you.
Real close to TX boarder.
Can't tell what county is in though.
Rick H...

Depending what the OK wildlife department thinks of them, I'd get a good houndsman and his dogs on them asap.

A good lion caller with good lion skills has a good chance to call them in, and a fair chance to get a shot off... but if you just plain want them dead, get a good pack of dogs on them immediately.

Lion hunters live for this stuff. They drive all night after every snowfall up
here looking for tracks, then chase through the night into the next day.
Dedicated to their sport. It won't take any prodding once you contact one.

When I hear about kills and two lions it reminds me of our loses. (I am a rancher with lion problems as well.)

Two cats equals a tom and a female in whoopy state ......

......... it won't last long ...... you've got a limited time to get them before they split up .....

...... and that Tom will keep giving you dead animals over time ..... RIGHT NOW is the best time to get the drop on him (providing it's legal).

Trust me ...... I know!

PM me if you care to.

Three 44s

Last edited:
i might be wrong but you cant kill cougars in okl. but it might be ok since they are killing your livestock and pets, contact the fish and game

Yeah you can leagaly take those cats. Call your game warden he can probly even tell you a local guy who can hadle the job. I doubt its somthing that can be dealt with over a weekend. Your best allie in this fight is luck. Shoot em' if/when you see em.

Back