First Bobcat

Congrats on that!! Sorry if this was already said, but what kind of rifle/shotgun did you use to take her?

looks more like a bobcat imo , especially with the dulled / light coloration

Winchester 120 Ranger 12ga.3" Steel BBB. No buckshot in the National Forest. So I use the biggest thing that I can. Last August I shot a bobcat at 20 feet with #4 turkey shot. It jumped and took off like nothing. Never found it. So I upgraded to BBB. I have a shot reloader, but haven't found any lead shot in BBB. Not much call for it I'd asume.

Once again Thanks everybody!

sorry to hear about the one that got away but thats a nice cat for sure, hope you get it mounted unlike me being an idiot ! =\

Last edited:
Being the poorboy that I am, I'm just going to tan it and make a wall hanger out of it. The shull is going on the shelf and the claws on a necklace.

Nice cat and pictures too!
laugh.gif

congratulations! lovely cat. i love to see all the color variations. she's a beauty. thanks for posting the pics and the story. your stand looks very similar to one i made on a powerline right of way earlier this month to take my first coyote of the fall. i can't wait for bobcat season to open here. i really want a big tomcat. missed a nice one last winter, panicked and rushed the shot. biggest case of buck fever i've had since i was a kid!

just a thought for ya. if you are reloading your shells, have you considered loading BB or even #2 tungsten? i'm shooting 3" Federal HighDensity #2 (waterfowl load). it's 35% more dense(heavier) than steel. about 15% more dense than lead. #2 tungsten will outperform BB in lead, and you get alot more pellets for the pattern. it patterns well in #2, penetration is amazing. it's a real coyote crusher. it'll kill out as far as your gun can keep the pattern together 65+ yds.

dscn4956.jpg

dscn4958.jpg

view from the stand

Back