DPMS lo pro Questions?

Colonel Sanders

Anyone tried one of these? Found one for a good deal but is it worth me doing. Is the factory barrel worth a crap? No forward assist, no shell deflector. Are these things i will miss. Kinda new to this AR game. Just figured I would throw it out there. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I actually prefer the no deflector but I like forward assist. When I go out to a stand I like to slowly lower my bolt and use the forward assist to ensure I'm in full battery, without it you need to let your bolt slam home a bit more and it's noisy.

I bought one a couple months ago and really like it...I put a floating hand guard and a RR NM 2 stage trigger in mine and Im very happy with it...Im not a group guru but I get quarter size groups at a hundred but Im not real steady either...I got mine out the door for $750... Im sure others might say different but mine has a home for good....

i just bought one of these as well. havent picked it up yet but i read nothing but good reviews about it. cant wait to get it home and take it out. but like MCWALK said, the first thing besides some glass for it will be an aluminum free float.

Thanks Man. Well Looks like its an almost new gun so the trade is in my favor. I'll let you guys now how she does. Thanks for your time. By the way great looking calls MCWALK

I have a 16" low pro upper and i really like it, good accuracy, a little heavy with the HBAR but i don't mind it. they are a good deal.

Originally Posted By: peabodyok..i'll bite. im new to this too...
whats a lo pro ?

peabody

ahhh... found a picture of a lo pro.

i like what mcwalk said

peabody

ive been thinking of getting one of thease myself. it can shoot military ammo in it. i was also informed if i got one. one of the best mods whould be a free float hand guard.

an now im hearing another absolute must is a RRA 2 stage trigger. dpms price on this rifle on there site is $725

which isnt bad

later on i could change out the barrel with a stainless. or buy a complete different upper dpms half?

im wanting to ar rifles a carbine style to play with and a bb to hunt some with.

but this rifle seems like it whould be a great starter AR maybe?

just my opinion but there is no need to float a 16" barrel, especially the HBAR, it aint gonna flex for nothing. waste of money, unless you just like the looks. now for the longer or thinner barrels, that's another story.

Originally Posted By: roadkill46just my opinion but there is no need to float a 16" barrel, especially the HBAR, it aint gonna flex for nothing. waste of money, unless you just like the looks. now for the longer or thinner barrels, that's another story.

yes, you made a very good point.

i'ed say trigger , is whats needed.

also FYI , it also has the option of 1:8 twist barrel.

that would be sweet.

peabody c. train

yeah if i bought this gun a future upgrade whould be maybe a longer barrel and 1:8 twist a bipod for some long range target shooting hehe

wonder how accurte this gun is at about 500yards

Im heading out for New Mexico Tuesday to hunt with Tony Tebbe for a couple days with my LowPro so I hope to put it through a real workout...
grin.gif

Here is some before and after pics of the LoPo....
grin.gif

100_2350.jpg

100_2332.jpg

100_2400.jpg

The scope is one of the cheaper Leupolds, rifleman I think...Its a 3x9x50....I also have that Burris Pepr mount on it...The one pic has a 30 rounder but all I use now are 20's...I dont like the 30's because they stick out to far...Yes the rifle is real accurate...My gun dealor told me if I didnt like the accuracy of this rifle he would give me my money back...I still have the rifle...
wink.gif

hehe sounds like i might have to buy one then

i need to find some people here to do some varmint hunting heh

i moved up the road about 100 miles for my job

yah i think a 20 rd whould be enough i think magpul maks a 20 dont they

do yall hunt at night any with red linse spotlight an call or

well now MCWALK... i shure do like the way you ''painted'' your rifle !! looks very good.

in fact, its awsome.

also that scope mount ?
burris ? i like that too. and the way it lets you get it forward , really nice set up...
i'll have to look around the burris site.

sweet rig you haves there.

peabody

Back