standard AR15 ?

peabody

anyone on here shooting just a standard AR rifle ?

20'' barrel, A3 with detachable handel .

dont see those much anymore.

im thinking i'ed like one, with an A1 stock.

kinda retro looks...... cool.
grin.gif

peabody

yes, i do too. even found a guy who machines A1 detachable handels.

looks good, not SP-1 correct, but still interesting.

peabody

Yes, I really like the old style. I trained and carried an M-16A1 in the service and picked up an SP-1(1979) 20", 1/12" upper for plinking. I still have it. Also an Essentials Arms lower and Colt M-16A1- 20", 1/12" upper, Bushmaster match lower with Colt A3 20", 1/7" upper, Brownells gas block w/ Burris 4.5-14x42 Tactical and Bushmaster ORC w/ ACOG TA-11 (3.5x)
The bottom two have the G27 grip which I really like too.

MVC-016F.jpg

The ORC has some white cloth strips wrapped around the barrel, forend and scope for snow camo while calling coyotes.

I had a couple more but sold or traded them off. Both were Bushmaster a Superlight 16", A2 and an M4A1 16"(A1 upper). Both carbines had collapsible buttstocks and Chinese copies of the original Colt 3X Scopes. One my brother wanted very badly and the second I received an offer that was too good to pass up.

The only AR I still am interested in getting would be an original SP-1 Carbine or early AR-15A1 Carbine with the 1/12" twist barrel and an original Colt 3X scope. For a short time I carried an XM-177 in South America, many, many moons ago.

I hope nobody offers one any time soon, I just blew a lot of cash on another Springfield 1903.

Back