1st Bow Kill

Dawg_gone

Today was a great day. I started working in a bow only deer hunting area this year so I got a bow and began the process of learning bow hunting, from arrows, broadheads, sights, rests, releases so on and so forth. I also had to learn a little different skill set.

Everything came together today with an eight point buck falling into my lap. I viewed this buck feeding on a grassy slope downhill and was able to sneak up on him due to the terrain and get a downhill quartering away 43 yard shot placed in his boiler room. He ran approx. 100 yards and piled up. The Parker Raptor, shooting terminator arrows tipped with carbon express F-15's really did the job. The arrow entered 4 inches behind the left shoulder, through the left lung, through the heart and poked out of the right shoulder.

The rack wasn't that big but man am I happy to get my first bow kill and all I can say is wow, I am hooked. Nothing like getting up close and personal. Exciting to try to stalk up on one also. It's nice to have the practice, scouting and research pay off.

Congrats dawg! I remember that feeling well. Show us some pics so we can believe you.
laugh.gif

heck i believe you i can hear the excitment in your typeing
still like to see it.
welcome to the world of bowhunters. it can be just as bad addiction as coyote calling and call collecting

Back