coyote pics needed

guess

I need pictures of coyotes sleeping. I'd rather them be curled up. If there is snow it's even better!
I just need them to look at they will not be published anywhere.
thanks for the help

Last edited:
Buster caught this napping along a fenceline.

He was hard to wake up.

fenceyote.jpg

I'm sorry Glenn.....couldn't resist razzing ya!
laugh.gif

Wish I could help some, but I don't catch 'em asleep very often. Good Luck, I'm sure someone has some pics.

Barry

I'm thinking of mounting a sleeping coyote in snow just for fun. That top photo in the bottom scenery is close to what I'm looking for. The position of the top coyote is the main thing I needed and it is perfect!
thanks

did you take those photo's?

No Glen, I didn't take those. I just have a lot of coyote pics on my P.C. I thought that was the reason you needed one. That'll look incredible. Good Luck, Tom Austin

one more for good measure
2284859574_b2cdcdf2a1_o.jpg

Those camera shots are very nice! I don't have any zoomed shots like above. Mine are all long range, with a less expensive camera set-up.

Top pic, is great. When it's bitter cold, they'll often tuck their nose way in tight.
You have permission to use these, if you wish. You could blow them up abit.

99% of the time, you can tell which way the wind is blowing. As they face down-wind. To remain "hidden" Sometimes they'll flatten their head down, as they look your way.
http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/moreammo/3coyotes1709011.jpg?t=1256701341

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc78/moreammo/Jan31096-coyotesyotecallr023.jpg?t=1256701633

Last edited:
I've got to get or kill a good coyote first. I wish I had time to go way north and get one with good fur.
The biggest problem I see is that I will have to make my own manikin. I haven't seen one that would work. Body casting has NO appeal to me!

good luck on getting a nice coyote for that mount. i've seen your picture gallery. lot of nice coyotes in there. make sure you post pics of that mount for us to see!! those are some really nice pics, lawdog. thanks for posting them for all of us to see.

Originally Posted By: guessI've got to get or kill a good coyote first.

Hey Glen, If you're not stuck on the killin part yourself, I'd be glad to send a pelt to you no charge. Let me know what size and coloring you're hoping for and I'll see what I can do. I call coyotes 4-6 days a weeks so I'm sure I can have something for you by next weekend. I'll be hunting in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Nevada and Utah over the next 10 days so pelts will be fresh. Let me know what you think. Tom Austin

I appreciate the offer and may take you up on it later, but I'm going to body cast one for this project. So I'd need the whole coyote.too costly to ship for sure! I'm in no hurry I have a few other projects to work on till then.
thanks again

LawDog, good luck in Montana. You'll have your work cut out for you. The deer and elk hunters have things pretty stirred up right now. However if you have access to some good private land that isn't getting pounded by big game and bird hunters, it should still be good. Again best of luck to you.

Thanks for the heads up Ursus. I've got an amazing spot not 30 minutes from my Mom's place. It's my Montana Honey Hole if you will. LOL! I'll give 'em [beep]... Tom Austin

Back