how many of ya'll southpaws ?

peabody

how many of ya'll southpaws ?

or like me ? i can shoot either way. left and right.

im right handed, but can see better out my left eye.

took awile to learn, but now im pretty good at it.

probly a good ideal to learn ? never know when ya might HAVE to shoot off the other shoulder,

peabody

I am left-eye dominant and shoot lefty but I have shot right handed but only with a shotgun. I shoot recurves left-handed and compound bows right-handed though.

I do everything right handed but shoot long guns and scratch my right elbow. I shoot long guns lefty because I am left eye dominant. And all my bolt guns are right handed. Thats the way I learned and Left handed guns were few and far between.

My partner "Rotton Luck Willie" is left handed, but he only
shoots a right handed rifle, left handed! He reaches over the rifle to operate the bolt. Strange, butt it works out for him. He's been shooting alot longer than I. He's been hunting since he was a kid, I started in my late teens. Back when he started, I guess there wernt many left handed rifles availible. The strange thing is he writes right handed. Everything about that boy is odd anyway. Grizz

Originally Posted By: GRIZZLYONEMy partner "Rotton Luck Willie" is left handed, but he only
shoots a right handed rifle, left handed! He reaches over the rifle to operate the bolt. Strange, butt it works out for him. He's been shooting alot longer than I. He's been hunting since he was a kid, I started in my late teens. Back when he started, I guess there wernt many left handed rifles availible. The strange thing is he writes right handed. Everything about that boy is odd anyway. Grizz

Grizz... i knew a man exacty like that years ago, he was way up in his years, back in the 70's. he's gone now.
but he shot an ol' krag, right handed, and he was left handed, he would reach up over the rifle and work the bolt with his left hand. he is missed.

peabody

I'm left handed, and operate the bolts right handed, which is awkward because of letting go of the forearm. However, raching across the scope is just as awkward. I buy right handed guns for resale because there aren't as many lefties buying rifles
wink.gif

I operate my ARs left handed because it is easy to push the mag release right handed and slap the bolt catch with the left finger tip then go back to the trigger.

My oldest son, now 12, is left handed. So far, I have gotten the following guns for him.

Used LH Rem 870 12 gauge in Shadow Grass camo
New Browning BPS 20 gauge w/vent rib and slug barrels.
New Stag left hand AR upper on a Double Star lower.
New Savage Mark II youth left hand .22

I am thinking of either a lefty 6.8 SPC upper for his AR or a lefty Rem 700 for deer hunting. I don't want him to have to learn to shoot right handed rifles or shotguns. The BPS's are nice because they eject out of the bottom and are essentially ambidextrous, so as he grows into the 12 gauge, his younger brothers can use the BPS right handed.

It figures that I have enough guns to go around for any number of right handers, then I get a left handed kid.

Fast Ed

Originally Posted By: peabodyhow many of ya'll southpaws ?

or like me ? i can shoot either way. left and right.

im right handed, but can see better out my left eye.

took awile to learn, but now im pretty good at it.

probly a good ideal to learn ? never know when ya might HAVE to shoot off the other shoulder,

peabody

I Shoot LH and I am left-eye dominant. I shoot RH quite easily though, with shotgun being the most difficult.

Ya I'm left handed I'm a pretty good shot with my right handed guns but my follow up is to slow on coyotes so I try to take my time due to I have severe asthma and if I move too much or get to excited I have a hard time controlling my breathing.This is my biggest problem and at times very hard to deal with in the field.This usually requires me to shoot longer distances so there less apt to see and that way I seldom miss.However sometimes by the time I get calm down there just 50 yards away .Adrenalin is my worst enemy when shooting coyotes.It sucks but I manage.

im right handed,right eye dominate but do everything that involves shooting (guns,bows and pool ) i do lefthanded....
i started at an early age because ,as dumb as it sounds ,i couldnt "wink " my left eye so i HAD to shoot lefty....
i keep saying im gonna try to start shooting righty but if it aint broke why fix it ....although lefty guns are expensive and select....

Back