Trying to come up with a Wyoming "Team Concept" Pro Staff

Sign me up WyoYote !

I'm far from a Yote MD, I just shoOt'em when I see'em, and by the sign we're seeing it will be a great season ! COME ON COLD WEATHER !

Drifter

PS: Great shot yesterday Man ! even though I had to spot it for ya ! LOL

Originally Posted By: Wyoming DrifterSign me up WyoYote !

I'm far from a Yote MD, I just shoOt'em when I see'em, and by the sign we're seeing it will be a great season ! COME ON COLD WEATHER !

Drifter

PS: Great shot yesterday Man ! even though I had to spot it for ya ! LOL

Yea...GREAT JOB of spotting where it dropped
smile.gif
glad we found it and glad you didn't get bit by the big ole' rattler that you almost stepped on.

Got a new team name: Fifteen Mile Coyote Filosiphers

i looked at the foxpro pro staff but it was on contest hunts.
I've been to two and was not impressed.
I've never cared how many coyotes other people get just how many i get I'm just not the competitive type of guy.
I've made comments about me killin lots of coyotes but i don't get the contest bug. if i went to one and killed my best day ever that wouldn't make me a better person then the guy who didn't kill any. that is the feeling you get from contest participants.
I'd love to be field staff of something if they wanted stories and pictures but not to brag on myself.
i could show how well a piece of equipment works without getting big headed about it.
sign me up though i'll do my killin for the whole team not to out do anybody. maybe it will get me back in the swing of going every time i'm off work like i use to.
i stopped calling all the time when i got cross ways with a state trapper but this year HIS boss {ranch owner and head of predator board} told me a dead coyote is a dead coyote and my calling near his sheep is OK with him. this opens up some old callin grounds closer to home.

Last edited:
I gotta say, I really like Wyoming Dog Whackers! Just got my new FOXPRO and can't wait to use it. Terribly windy here today. Just got back from elk hunting this afternoon. Spent 5 hrs getting one out last night. I'm paying for it today. I'm sore all over. As I was dragging it up the side of a mountain with a rather large length of rope, a coytote came to investigate. Glad I got it out last night and didn't wait till this morning!

Man oh man "Fifteen mile Coyote Filosiphers". thats a good one !
Yeah, that big ole Rattler is lucky it didn't try & stike, I'd be wearing Rattle snake boots today. You should give these guys some pictures to let them in on what happened on our escapade.

Good Red Beer huh ? lol

My son use to race ATCs, and it was a lot of fun until money got involved. Anyone that wants to go after the sponsorships, free stuff, notoriety and all that stuff can have it. I don't want to be known, and I don't want to make this fun hobby my business. I'm afraid calling will then become work.

We do kill a few coyotes out here in the Bighorn Basin

15mile_coyote.jpg

All I know is that camo and coyote photo ops makes me look fat and about 20 years older then I really am. I will admit to being 'phat', though
smile.gif

Here it was, Oct. 23rd and about 50 degrees, yet we run into this fella.

rattler.jpg

Wyoming Drifter and I were looking for a downed coyote, I found the dog and then Mike started heading my way. All of a sudden I heard the 'rattle' and told him to stop, this guy was a 3 footer, maybe a bit bigger and curled up about 2' from Mike's right ankle. We were NOT in a good place to have to deal with a rattlesnake bite!

I was out yesterday and walking through some rocks and couldn't help thinking about rattlesnakes. It was 58 degrees when I got back to the pickup. One of the best things about winter in Wyoming is the snakes are denned up.

That coyote looks familiar, WyoYote. Are you sure you didn't pick him up out of the road ditch south of Meteetsee?

Ya caught me, Dan
smile.gif

No wonder this dog was pretty rank! But, on a positive note, when you drive around gathering roadkill and dead piles, you do save on ammo.

Went out again yesterday after lunch - my partner got out of the truck and practically stepped on another snake. Luckily, it was a bull snake. Talked to a chukar hunting buddy of mine a couple of days ago, he ran into 3 rattlers up on Fenton Pass, 1 was curled up on the side of a snowbank.

They're still out and about!

Originally Posted By: cmiddletonWiley whacking Wyomingites

Well, we "whacked'em" today in the Basin, harvested the famous Emblem, Wyoming "Three-Footer" today (check out the pic, this female was missing a hind foot). Ignore the time stamp of photo, apparently my camera is off a year.

yote.jpg

I actually called in 2 more, both ran right up to my Fury and literally put their noses on the caller, then bolted before I got a shot off. One of the coyotes did give me a good shot, but was right between me and the caller and I didn't figure a 60 cent coyote was worth risking the chance to blow away a $600 Foxpro. I did the 'woof' at both of them before they made it to the caller, but they wouldn't stop.

Wyoming Drifter was in the area, and took a really big male. We did the cellphone tag game and did get together for the last 3 stands of the day. I gave the Fury a rest while Mike pulled out his FX-5, we managed to call in 3 Pyrenees sheep dogs and a 'long distance release' coyote who probably could see my truck. I started hunting at about 2 p/m today, I think Wyoming Drifter didn't hit the field til' about 3 p/m, we had alot of action this afternoon, much needed after a couple of rough days and a bunch of empty stands. What is neat about the remote on the Fury is that there is a timer. If I recall correctly, my first coyote of the day came into sight at the 1:31 minute mark, the 2nd at 3:01 and the 3rd at 1:21. I believe Wyo. Drifter said that the coyote he took came in right at the 8 minute mark. I think our LDR coyote was also around the 8 min. mark.

Maybe the weirdest thing was that on the way back to Cody, 35 miles in the middle of the high desert were 2 moose standing in a field next to the highway! Anyway, tomorrow is my berfday and I'm huntin' ALL DAY

Back