55gr. Sierra GameKing on Hogs

Originally Posted By: claimbuster Anyone have experience with the Sierra 55gr. GameKing on a pig?

2 pigs.
A 60 pounder went down dead in his tracks, and a 200 pound boar took a couple extra to put down for good. The first shot on the boar was a long distance running shot, and I'm not sure exactly where I hit him, but he got back up and needed a couple more.

I wish we had hogs around here! The only ones we have are in the farmer's pens, and they get a little testy is someone shoots them!

I would love to try my 25-06 on them.

kevlars

Hey Kevlars, we don't have them here either. You'll just have to do what I do....head south to the "Lone Star State". They have lots of them!

So Jim does this mean BBQ pork butt ? If I recall last trip you made for hogs you used a considerably larger caliber gun...

I wish I would have had my camera this morning a big boar hog was rooting in a power line and I walked up to 30yds and watched him for 15 minutes. I snuck to 15yds before he noticed me and trotted off. I have used the Sierra 55gr Gameking HP and the Hornady 55gr SP with good luck on hogs and coyotes and I have a friend who has shot a bunch of deer with both bullets as well. They kill fine with good bullet placement just remember these are targets of opportunity we are not out hunting for hogs if that were the case we might go with a larger round.

Originally Posted By: skb2706So Jim does this mean BBQ pork butt ? If I recall last trip you made for hogs you used a considerably larger caliber gun...

Not to worry, that black rifle with the big hole is still going to be #1!

grin.gif
grin.gif

Back