might of educated my first coyote!

Kscountryboy

It's been drizzling most of the day so after it was done I tried my hand at making a set. So I got set down on my dove stool. And normally I just start calling right after I get sat down. I did this cause the last couple of sets haven't produced. Well back to the story. I waited about 10minutes and I noticed about 60 yards to my right their was a coyote sniffing around a tree so I tried to lip squeak him in but that didn't work so I grabbed my lil dog and sorta squalled on it and that brought him in but when he apeared at about 30yds he was behind some brush so I had to switch my 12ga from right handed to left and he must of saw that cause he stopped, then turned around and I shot him but then I saw him get up and run off. I stayed their for another 15 to 20 minutes. When I got up to blood trail him their wasn't any blood or any sign of him being hit. Sorry the story's long but do you think I educated him?

Go check out the area ASAP in good light - you may find him; take your 12 ga in case he's just hurt, but you stand a fair chance of finding him.
Mark

He's probably dead. depending on what shot you hit him with a single pelet in the vitals could take a while to collapse a lung, if you hit him you atleast broke some bones and he will be dead shortly if you got the right ones. Good luck finding him if you go back, (I sure would if it had been my first dog! )

Well, the how do you post picture response suggests that someone may have bag themselves a Coyote!!!

Go to a web site like PhotoBucket, register, copy link and then we can all enjoy your success with you!

there's a good chance he's dead. i shot a gray fox couple years ago with my 12 ga and 3" Dead Coyote T shot. couldnt find any fur or blood. couldnt find the fox, it got dark quickly. the next morning i found a leg bone and some hide about 200 yards away near the woodsline. looked like the coyotes found him before i did.

i shot a coyote bout 5 years ago. found blood and tissue right where i shot him. he ran through a briarpatch and down to the creek bottom. same story. it got dark quickly, and i called my brother in law to help me track him. we were in that briarpatch with a flashlight, found a rabbit completely skinned from head to back legs inside the thicket. i think that coyote had him in his mouth when i shot him. anyway, while we were in that thicket on hands and knees looking for blood sign, we heard the local pack catch up to him in the creekbottom. the started howling and raising a ruckus while they finished him off. my brother in law couldnt take it, hightailed it for the house.

Originally Posted By: nutcrackerthere's a good chance he's dead. i shot a gray fox couple years ago with my 12 ga and 3" Dead Coyote T shot. couldnt find any fur or blood. couldnt find the fox, it got dark quickly. the next morning i found a leg bone and some hide about 200 yards away near the woodsline. looked like the coyotes found him before i did.

i shot a coyote bout 5 years ago. found blood and tissue right where i shot him. he ran through a briarpatch and down to the creek bottom. same story. it got dark quickly, and i called my brother in law to help me track him. we were in that briarpatch with a flashlight, found a rabbit completely skinned from head to back legs inside the thicket. i think that coyote had him in his mouth when i shot him. anyway, while we were in that thicket on hands and knees looking for blood sign, we heard the local pack catch up to him in the creekbottom. the started howling and raising a ruckus while they finished him off. my brother in law couldnt take it, hightailed it for the house.

After reading these posts I don't feel so bad anymore.
Our farm got hit by a pack of dogs a few years ago. Big pack.
Middle of the night and I was shooting at shadows and movement with the 12g. Using 0000.
I kept seeing the shadows go down, roll and get back up. Positive I hit them but couldn't
find any blood trails in the morning.

there is a forum here titled "picture gallery". open it up. there are instructions there to post from photobucket. i'm as computer challenged as anyone, but i got some pics up pretty quick. after the first couple it's pretty easy.

I couldn't find him we had some rain. But here's a pic of my first yote from a month or two back!http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad265/ksredneck/?action=view&current=joshsyote.jpg

joshsyote.jpg

joshs.jpg

Rick H...
They are small, I don't have the time to pull them down and make em bigger....
Rick H...

Kscountryboy,
Pay attention...a little humor. Go to the pic you want in your album. When you put your cursor on it a drop down list will appear. Go to the bottom and make the IMG line blue then copy that, Then go to your post and just paste it in the narrative. Then you can preview it by clicking on that box. If you like it then just hit submit. Very simple.

Last edited:
Back