CCI Segmented Hollow Point ammo .22lr

josh who-ah

Normally i hunt p-dogs with my cz 452 .17hmr. However the other day i picked up some of these .22lr cci segmented hp's and am truly impressed! ill be taking out the 10/22 much more now. this round was devistating the dogs today. very accurate and caused severe damage on inside of the dogs. most were DRT. so much more affordable than the 17hrm too. anybody else having good luck with this round?

I have been advocating this round for a while. In Cali the ground squirrels are tough, and with only a .22 lr they crawl off alot. The Quick Shock ammo "what it used to be called" anchored them alot better than a standard Tip, or Hollow point. They are pretty acurate in my Old Glenfied too. Good luck with your new bullets Josh!

thanks orneryolfart357! you're right a lot less crawl offs. cycles great through my 10/22 with after market magazines, so thats a double bounus.

I've shot alot of PD's,rattlesnakes,jackrabbits,starlings a porcupine or two with those bullets.They make the segmented bullets for the .22Mag also but I have'nt tryed those out yet.I agree though,they will end a prairie dogs career in short order.I had a little trouble with a porcupine I shot with them though.My first shot hit it right square in the teeth and of course it blew its teeth out.It also took its nose and bottom jaw off but the porcupine was still alive for about 5 seconds.They break apart really easily so if it hits bone on a heavier bodied animal your gonna do alot of damage but the bullet wont penetrate very well.My uncle shot a jackrabbit with a Quickshock and it litterally looked like it had been hit with a centerfire rifle.He shot it in the chest if I remember right and the bullet came out of its stomach.I did'nt flip it over to see how big the hole was but I can tell you by the pile of stuff that jackalope was layin in that it was probably a biggun'.As much as I like the Quickshocks or Segmented Bullets I still keep shootin the Federal HP's in the bulk pack.Wal-Mart does'nt carry Quickshocks and thats about the only reason for that.

I could have swore they made them for the .22Mag but I went to the CCI website and I did'nt see anything about them so I guess they dont.Sorry bout that I shoulda done a little research before I said that.Shure sounded good though right?
wink.gif

Maybe CCI will see this and make that bullet for the .22Mag.If they do I should get some of the credit or they should at least mention they got that idea from me I think.
grin.gif

Well, I couldnt find the pic of the 180 yd Rabbit, But I did find one that was 164 yds, I had a construction wheel in my truck for measuring,
165ydJack.jpg

Jack2.jpg

I will search for the other pic.

I tried some in my CZ. They are louder than most .22lr, about like the Velocitors. I'd shoot them but they both shot about 4" high at 50 yards compared to other ammo and the accuracy wasn't that great out of my rifle. I wasn't going to resight to shoot them.

I've had the SHP Subsonics on my Midway wish list forever. They have never got them in. I'm guessing it has something to do with the ammo shortage diverting them to other rounds. I think they'd probably shoot closer to other ammo, since they aren't hyper velocity.

I thought I'd mention that even though I was wrong about the .22Mag Quickshocks they do make a Quickshock 12 gauge slugs.They also have them for the 9mm,.40 S&W,.44 Magnum,.44 Special and .45acp.Just thought I'd mention that just in case you did'nt know about them.
grin.gif

Back