Remington 700 aftermarket bolts

venatic

I have a Remington 700 LVSF in 17 Rem and the extractor doesn't extract sometimes. Never had this problem before but was thinking I would buy a whole new bolt but maybe I should just get this one worked on. Looking for suggestions.

A new extractor is only a few dollars and snaps in in seconds.
If by chance you have a real old 700 with a riveted extractor you are out of luck as they are no longer available.

Jack

Originally Posted By: venaticI have a Remington 700 LVSF in 17 Rem and the extractor doesn't extract sometimes. Never had this problem before but was thinking I would buy a whole new bolt but maybe I should just get this one worked on. Looking for suggestions.

In the biz we call that a $200 fix on a $2 problem. An extractor for a Remington bolt is pretty cheap and easy to install.

Originally Posted By: EddieHarrenJack, Brownells sells riveted extractors for Rem bolts.
I am glad to hear that. For some years there they were non-existant.

Jack

Originally Posted By: SuperSeal110Have someone install a Sako extractor. Cheaper then a new bolt.

I'm not a gun smith so I have no idea what this costs or how easy it is to do. However this seems to be "the thing" to do with rem bolts.

David,
I'll give ya $400.00 for it and solve your troubles !lol
Aren't you an AR-15 Texan ?!!
crazy.gif

Tim

About 100.00 on the sako extractor install. There have been reports of it
causing case blow outs. I had one put on a stw 10 years ago and no problems.
Refitting a new bolt is expensive. Lugs have to be fit and headspace set on top
of the 125 to 150 for the bolt.

There was a recent multiple page thread reguarding the Remington extractors. You might want to do a search. If nothing else it was entertaining,, as most multiple page threads tend to be.
wink.gif

Brownells sells the extractors and has a how-to in their tech tips on replacing it..
Good Luck
Charlie

Don't buy the riveted extractor...they are for older guns. I just went through the same ordeal. I got my extractor for $18 shipped through Brownells.

P.S. You may have to sand the new one down a bit.....to get rid of rough edges. I had to anyways...otherwise my bolt was hard to close with factory rounds at less than the specified OAL.

Back