buying scopes from Midway??

Trapper Luke

I have always been very happy with my orders from Midway. I have been wanting to buy a Leupold for my 270 and tired of paying the inflated prices of items from our one and only sporting goods store in town. Anyways I've been kinda cautious bout buyin something like a scope that has to be shipped to me and was wondering about some of your guys experince in buyin things like scopes from Midway??

Thanks,
Luke

I believe that you can buy with confidence. I have bought scopes from Midway, OpticsPlanet, and Manventureoutpost. I can reccomend any of these companies. They have great selection and prices below retail.If you know what you want, no reason to pay retail.

You will be fine with a shipped scope. Besides, there is really only one way for your local guy to get scopes for the shelf and that is to have them shipped.

I have purchased from midway and others also, as well as had lots of optics shipped to me from my wholesalers. Yet to have one arrive in bad shape.

B

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71 I believe that you can buy with confidence. I have bought scopes from Midway, OpticsPlanet, and Manventureoutpost. I can reccomend any of these companies. They have great selection and prices below retail.If you know what you want, no reason to pay retail.

I agree. I have also bought from all these companies and never had a problem with them or the optics. Just received a new Sightron from Manventureoutpost last week. Good price too.

Midway will take the scope back if you are not happy with it as long as it has not been mounted........can't beat that!

I bought a scope from mudway about 4 years ago. everything looked great when I got it. I mounted it on a marlin 922M and after 5 shots the front lenses fell out.
contact mudway and they told me since it had been mopunted they were out of the picture and to deal with the manufacturer. they would not help me with the manufacturers email addy or phone number-very shi**y attitude.
I have not bought one thing from them since.

Midway does post their "non-return" policy on their website for mounted optics...

I would be sure and read any point of sales return policy before placing an order...Most manufactures will honor warranty work, but you generally have to have the original receipt with it..while others have a lifetime (of the scope) and no hassle warranty... That's worth a bunch...

Other companies (like Mueller) require the original receipt, but will bend that requirement once in a while, as they did for me, since I bought it through one of their distributors.

I've ordered a couple from Midway and several others from Natchez, I check those 2 places to see which has the better price on the model I want. I haven't had problems with either one, order it and get the scope in 3 or 4 days everytime I've done it.

old turtle, they only started posting that after we had our little set-to back several years ago. before that it was in the "fine print". Now, I buy almost exclusively from optics planet.

If ya cant test drive it, it may not be worth buying... or Dating..
grin.gif

I do buy a lot of reloading products from Midway, the place to go for optics is NATCHEZ SHOOTERS SUPPLY. I just received a NIB Millett 6x25x56, target knobs all the long range stuff, $204 delievered. Looks to be a great scope for my custom 22-250.
Jim

Don't worry about shipping a scope. It has to be shipped one way or another. Either they ship it to you, or ship it to your local sporting goods store. As long as they pack it properly it shouldn't be a problem. Heck, you're going to take it out of the box and mount it on a gun where it will be subjected to repeated recoil. If it can't take a ride from UPS, it surely won't stand up to rifle recoil.

As far as Midway...I've bought one scope from them and not had a problem. That said, all else being equal I'd rather buy from somewhere that would let you return it if it was broken.

I have bought way more scopes online/mailorder than in a store and never had a problem. Natchez, Midway, Mid South Shooters and several off of Ebay. Knock on wood, never had an issue.

Back