.25 WSSM accuracy

BohunterNY

Saw a review on the .25 in a recent magazine (i forget which one)which got me intrigued... But anyway: what kind of groups are folks getting with these .25 uppers?

Does it push enough slug fer deers and such, out to say 3-4-500? (Providing one would go to enough trouble to roll one's own deer fodder, with premium components?)

Hey Bohunter, I have a 20" heavy barrel Oly Arms upper in .25 wssm. My rifle shoots 3/4 inch groups at 100 yards if I do my part. You can shoot bullets from 75 grains all the way up around the 120 mark. I shoot 75 grain Hornady Vmaxes at around 3450 fps and it absolutely devastates coyotes. If I were going to hunt deer with it, I would load up some softpoints around the 100 grain mark. They are more than enough to kill any deer that God has placed on this earth. I have been a fan of the 25-06 for a long time and this is basically a 25-06 in an AR platform. I am very happy with mine and if you like the 25-06's performance, you will be pleased with the WSSM.

You will be very happy with the 25WSSM upper for your AR. They have an excellant reputation for feed, function and accuracy.

My 243WSSM, which is a run of the mill Oly Arms 20" barreled version has fired some of the most consistant and accurate groups of any rifle I've ever owned. I'm talking 3 shot groups of 1/4" and 5 shot groups under 1/2".

I once head shot a deer at nearly 300 yards as it was walking away from me. It shoots 95gr Ballistic Tips with increadible accuracy with my farthest one shot kill at just over 375 yards on a 250 pound 4x5 mulie.

Originally Posted By: FALFireI once head shot a deer at nearly 300 yards as it was walking away from me. It shoots 95gr Ballistic Tips with increadible accuracy with my farthest one shot kill at just over 375 yards on a 250 pound 4x5 mulie.

Sweet! Sounds like I'll be looking for a lower pretty soon... hope they still have 'em around and I'm not too late to the party... BTW, what's a cheap lower go for these days?

You won't be disappointed. It is a very fun rifle to shoot. I love mine.

Here is 117 Hornady SST and 42.5gr Vihtavuori 560.

100_2647.jpg

I hit my steel coyote silhouette out to 700yds pretty regular with 25Wizzer using lowsy b.c. 75gr Vmaxs. Proven on live coyotes only a tad over 500yds though...
wink.gif

100gr TSX @ 3100+ fps will go through a whitetail almost stem to stern...

you will like the 25 wisser i had 1 that mike built and it shot better than i could shoot i dumped many of deer with it in the 300yrdish range ron

some of my early groups with the 25WSSM; and this is still the same handload since day one; and I have had the best performance and accuracy from the 25WSSM, using the Hogden™ Varget® powder

25WSSM Load Data:
Powder: Hogden™ Varget®
Primer: Remington 9.5 Large Rifle
Bullet: Nosler® 100gr. Spitzer Boat-Tail
Case: Winchester® 25WSSM

25WSSM002.jpg

Back