Not number 78 but...

Ursus21

Yesterday I started a post called Number 77. It was about the 77th coyote I'd called in since July 1st. Even thought I got another coyote this morning I can't count it as number 78. I went out this morning and didn't have much luck calling. I was on a new ranch that I hadn't hunted before and we also got off to a later start than I prefer. Anyway, the stars just weren't aligning so to speak. On the way home we were only 3 miles from my house when I look down a draw about 100 yards off the road and see a little pair of coyote ears sticking up. I told my partner to stop as I saw a coyote. I jumped out of the pick up crossed the fence and snuck over to the edge of the draw just as the coyote came walking out. It saw me right away and took off. I promptly missed three running shots under 75 yards, ruining my good shooting streak. (Insert various cuss words) The coyote disappeared down the draw but made the mistake of running up the far side. I was just getting ready to crack off one more running shot when the coyote stopped and looked back for a split second at around 150 yards. Fatal mistake, as I introduced her to a 55gr Noslter BT to the neck. I may not be the worlds best running shot, but give me a standing still shot and I don't waste any time. Anyway I still much prefer to call in a coyote, but I'll take a freebie drive-by any day. Since it was a "drive by" it only counts as another coyote, but not number 78.
CoyoteTroyOct17D.jpg

Congrats! Gotta take the occasional drive-by even if you're a purist at heart.

That M2 Camo reaaly works in your country, doesn't it? Blends right in.

Ursus, you could have lipsqueaked before you fired. Then it would have counted as #78.
grin.gif

J/K.....good shooting. We're glad your hittin' em out there.

I have only been out twice this year so far (not including January and February), and the only thing I have called into view was a bear.

Can you let a few of those Coyote's get East of the Mississippi so we have something to shoot at!

Stop hogging then all Troy!
mad.gif

So is 77 the number of coyotes you have taken since july first, or is it the number of coyotes you have called into you? And man is that beautiful country you live in. I love it.

Last edited:
Back