Meet Blondie!! (Better pics added PM)

Chris Price........is the dog realy only 6 months old?

That is what your post suggests.....Do you really expect much out of 6 month old dog?....I don't expect to much out of a year old dog.

you may end up being right about the dog but I question whether you can actualy know that until they are over a year.

I don't say this only on my own experience..Mr John Wick in his tree dog encyclopedia mentions it several times and is quite rude to those who would even hunt a dog under a year in most cases...John even suggests some dogs will be nearly two before they show much.
Most females won't even have had heat cycle until a year or more.

Respectfully. A Dana

She could be a late bloomer. No one knows, but I won't bet my time, money and feed on it. Been there, done that and never had one like this turn out. Ever! There are lots and lots of better dogs out there to try. IMO, Breeding this dog regardless of how she turns out would be irresponsible.

CB

By the way, she's about 8 months old now.

Last edited:
CB were doing fine. good post. you gettin after the yotes yet? my eye is still a little messed up but shell is getting to be a better shot and i'm still calling.
huntingpictures2004-2005030.jpg

What happened to your eye Bob? You know, you're mom told you you would go blind doing that?

CB

No yotes here yet, syill have 75% of the crops in here.

Last edited:
that is a harsh rumor mother's tell there sons.lol i got cancer in my right eye earlier this yr. chordial melenomia? spelling. of course it is my dominate scope eye. i can see a little out of it but nothing out of a scope. i'll be the shotgunner this yr.i think shell did something (rat posion) to me so she could shoot more often. she said i was a show off shooting running coyotes she missed. lol

I think you have misunderstood my reference to her heat cycle.....the dog is not an adult until it has had it's first heat.

Hey Chris-

Sorry to hear about the dog. I'm with you in that I've wasted way too much time and money trying to change what can't be changed. We work our dogs different than most everyone else and lets face it....quite a few will never hunt that way. I ask a lot out of my dogs and they better preform or it off they go. I have too many old dogs who have actually earned the rest and down time to spend any on a dog that won't work. Just my opinion. I don't keep working dogs as pets.

Bob- Sorry to hear about the eye. Maybe you'll just have to try the old switch up and shoot off your non-dominate side. Good to hear your still out and running and haven't let it get you down. You and the family are in our thoughts.

We all need to figure out what works and get those little dogs out together again. Good times.

Tim

[beeep] i got another eye not to far from the bad one.lol the old switch up will take some practice i'd put my good eye out eating with a fork if i'm not careful! your are right on your post not everyone demands the same out of there dogs as we do.yes we need to set something up nate and jeremy sound like there in. i'm sure hafner and his sidekick would go.bob

Ya, sorry about the eye there bud. Good thing you have Shel!

Anyone interested in a Jan 1 hunt somewhere? I think it's on a friday.

CB

Just my 2 cents. Not wanting to step on any toes.
You all know i expect alot out of my hounds and little dogs to.
Our little dogs are a exception. Alot of dogs dont come any were near starting at 6 months old.
Just for example. My Casey Terrier didnt start vary well till he was a year old. At a year old he went right to town and pulled a ground hog out of a hole under a concret slab.
Casey is my main man and i would never give him up for any amount of dogs.
Like my Jessie stag. I had him on dozens of coons. He had no part on it. I got him to bark at one one time about 3 times and he just walked off.
He was getting close to his year old and i sent him home with Tomcat.
2 weeks after i sent him away Tomcat had him loose in the yard and a deer came running out of the corn right by them and the race was on. Jessie caught the deer and pretty much killed it by him self.
It just took a little longer for the light switch to come on.
I think 6 months is a little soon.
All my patterdales fired at a very young age, But thats a whole diff breed.

You all want to hook up this winter for a few barns??
Sounds like a good time!!

Vargy

Chris,
After a whole weekend of trying to figure out how we could handle 2 large dogs, it's just not going to work.
We travel some and its already tight with the one small and one large, another large would be too much.

So in the end, I really want to take her but know deep down its not the best time for us.

I surly hope you can find a good home for her, she is such a good looking dog.

Anyone else?????
Rick H...

No problem Rick. I decided to turn her loose and let her run around the farm for a couple weeks and see if that we don't see some improvement. No counting on anything but we'll see. At least she stays around at this point.

CB

She's running loose is about all I can say. We had 2" of rain yesterday and she sat outside thru the whole thing. She has 3 out-buildings and her doghouse to go into and didn't
crazy.gif
She does stay in the yard and every so often she'll start barking at night at something in the distance. Not just a bark or 2 but for an extended time. She's either winding something or hearing yotes or dogs off in the distance.

CB

She went down the road. A guy wanted her and I said fine. He sends pics of her and she's inside and sleeps next to him so she's happy, he's happy and I'm happy.

I really hope she turns out for him, she was a real sweet dog.

CB

I was thinking of her yesterday, glad she found "Her Place".

In the end good thing I did not take her on, got a warning notice in the mail this week about the one I do have, seems the neighbor does not like him barking at the wildlife that pass by!
I think he is a bias libtard and does not like the fact that Budro will and has killed coon in the backyard.

Rick H...

Back