Opinions on Steiner Predator Pro 8X30 binocs?

SDCoyoteCaller

I currently have the Alpen Ranier 8X42 binocs and they are awesome, but I am looking for something a little lighter to use when predator calling. Plus, the Ranier binocs don't have a rubber coating, so my calls are always banging off them. What are your guy's opinions on the Steiner Predator Pro 8X30 binocs?

Thanks.

I have the 8x30's and really like them. Pretty good in low light and the focus feature is great for a quick look. They are short and fairly light. The front lens covers are great. The eye lens cover on the strap can be fussy and changes the width setting when put on.
The eye cups are my only point of question. Some models have round cups while some have light blocker type. The light blocker type fit your eyes covering the sides which generally gives you a better picture. Well I havefound that over time or with physical variables the eye cups rotate. then when you need a quick look the eye cups prevent you from looking until they are rotated to fit your eyes.
I am considering asking to have them replaced with round type.

I have had mine for 10 years now and they are as good today as the day I got them. I just upgraded to the 10x42's c5's and they are REALLY NICE. I wouldn't hesitate buying them you will be happy.

Back