Meet Blondie!! (Better pics added PM)

Chris_Brice

Snapped a few pics this morning of the new pup. The other day I could of gotten some real nice pics of her but do ya think she would stand still today? Heck no. LOL. 6 months old (plus) and about 35lbs.
P1010125.jpg

P1010124.jpg

Hard to tell from the crappy pics but the dog has some brindle to it.

She is a out of a father/daughter breeding. Sire = Coldwater Bubba x a Coldwater female that is a full sister to a female I used to own. Dam = Sire was the male listed above x a Streak bred female. Both Sire and dam are used for coon and coyotes and will rig for coon. I'm very familiar with the blood of these dogs and their breeders. Also came highly recommended by hunters I know and have hunted with this line. We also picked up a brother to this one that is over at Rich's.

First impressions over the last week: Pup has plenty of energy and go. Never stops moving. That being said, she far from dumb and eager to please. She seems to pick things up very quick, uses her nose well and is gamey. 24 hours after I brought her home, I had to drag her from a spot where a cage coon had set for 1/2 hour 12 hours earlier (coon and cage were long gone).

Better pics to follow,
CB

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: trapper2i sure like the head on her

That was my first thought too..
She's a real Beauty alright!! And the bits of brindle I can see on her face and legs makes her even prettier IMO..

Between you and Vargy, the life expectancy of a Coon in Iowa can't be very good.
smile.gif

Blondies not gonna work out. I tell you this dog has about as much hunt drive as the chair I'm sitting on. I've taken her to the local alfalfa fields and all she does is run circles around me. Never once seen her put her nose on the ground. She had seen 2 cage coon with no response except to back off when the coon growled. I live trapped a possum in my shed a couple weeks ago. The terriers found it long before I did. I penned up one and left Jack to work it while got buthead out. I turned her loose and she ignored jacks barkin in the shed. I walked to the shed with her running around my feet. She spied Jack barking at the possum, sniffed a couple times, turned and walked out of the shed. Blah, Blah, Blah. Yuck.

CB

Never know do you!
If she needs a good home let me know. I am just over in Omaha and Budro (10 month old BM Cur) needs a friend.
He's heck on Coons (and any other game that passes by!) and does well on stand even though we have not been on a Coyote yet.
The more the better, right???????/
Rick H...

Originally Posted By: Chris_BriceRick, you want her you can have her. I'm not gonna piss with her. She wasn't gonna make it the weekend.

CB

Chris,
I will talk to my wife. I know what I went through with Budro from the 4 month to 9 month range, it was [beeep] and after raising 4 kids through the 2's that was a piece of cake!
I don't have to tell you that though, you have been around dogs.

I am sure each has a different view. Our Budro is a combo family and hunting and protector dog, and until late I wondered if he was going to do me under and I would have to find a home for him....

First off, slow down and take breath, please do not put her down until we at least try to find a home for her.

Anyway, let me ask you a few more questions....
1) Is she healthy, any known issues?
2) Does she run the yard or stay in a kennel?
We are in town and already have problems with the neighbors when Budros in the kennel, he don't like it and barks to much for them. To me I say let him get it out of his system and he will quit, but I guess you gotta live amongst each other and try and work it out.
3) Is she protective of territory?
4) Does she do ok with strangers, people and dogs?
5) Does she do ok with kids, short ones.... Under say 14 years old?
6) Has she any kind of training obedience, hunting?
7) how does she do on a leash/lead?
8) Gun shy issues?

I will leave it at that for now and talk to my wife in the mean time. Those early months with Budro are still fresh in her mind though, every flower she planted in the back yard has been destroyed along with all of the bed ornaments! Still can't break him of carrying the firewood around the yard, but maybe this winter I can put that to use when I cut more!

Anyway, look forward to hearing back from you.
Rick H...

1) Good health, a little skinny cause she is always on the go.
2)I have her tied up but when she is loose she is always around me and if I go inside she generally stays on the deck waiting for me. She hasn't been loose since the possum incident.
3) no
4)Loves people. As far as dogs go she isn't ill just a little too much energy for my other dogs. My Jagd runs to her kennel when I turn Blondie loose. And my jabd hates her kennel!!
5) Great with kids. It's my 7 year old girl's job to feed her.
6) No obedience to speak of. Hunting is as discribed above. Walks in my pasture and the local fields plus a few cage critters.
7) good luck on the lead thing, good thing she stays close.
8) not gun shy at all. We had a "shoot em up" day at my place last weekend. 700 rounds from hand guns and shotguns 50 feet from her. She never even flinched.

Believe me when I say this, I'm 95% sure she won't make a hunting dog. Might work for decoy but I have zero experience with that. As for a pet she is pretty wound up but may settle down. I've never put a dog down and have had some I should of. IMO, for a hunting dog she needs put down. At a minimum she should be fixed.

Let me know,
CB

Chris,
I just read your responses to my wife and 11 year old daughter who is now crying!
Let me go over this in my mind tonight.
Budro's level of hyperness can get out of control as well, until I put the collar on him! Once he sees the controller he is another dog and very obedient.
PM your phone number if you would.
Like I said we are just 180 miles from you over in Omaha.
In the mean time, if someone else is interested, please dont hesitate to speak up,

Rick H...

Last edited:
Doing good up here, how about you 2? Family all well?

On a brighter note, Blondie's brother (which my partner has) looks to be a coon killer. Uses his nose and hates coon. So now I get to hunt with him without feeding or scoopin poop
smile.gif
Taking him and Sadie(the Jagd) out for a run tonight.

CB

Last edited:
Back