millett dms 1x4

I like mine. I just got a used one in a ADM scout mount. Very accurate and holding zero so far. Of course, I've only shot with it out to 50 yds to this point.

I wanted a Burris XTR 14 but the funds were not available and I was able to trade for the DMS.

I've been pleansantly suprised with it's over all quality.

Here's an on going thread discussing everything about the Millett DMS-1.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=326527

Here's some cruddy cell phone pix of mine:

002-34.jpg
001-36.jpg

005-27.jpg

They are top notch and a great value. I have been using one on my AR for over a year now. It has even experienced a serious fall to a hard surface. Still working fine and clear as ever.

On mine the 1X actually apeared to be a little less and I needed to dial to about 1.2x for true 1x view. However, someone here posted that adjusting the eyepiece out one turn will fix this, and it seems to work. Reticle is still sharp (maybe sharper than before the adjustment). Glass is good, illumination is good, adjustments are precise, price is great, weight is a little more than some.

Do a search for DMS in the optics forum back about 6 months or so. I know we discussed this and a few others quite a bit on a couple threads.

B

I've read enough reviews and personal feedback on it to know I'll be putting one on my next AR carbine build. Having that EOTech-style reticle and 4X zoom sold me on having one.
It's fairly compact, too.

just mounted my millet dms 1x4 on my RRA 6.8 spc, got it locked in place, level and bore sighted...now ready to sight it in next week...it looks great and so far i really like the set up! i replaced a bsa 4x16x50 IR with the millett. anyone interested in the bsa? good scope, no scratches and has held zero on my RRA for almost 2 years straight!
i'll take some pics and post a little later.
shooting Hornday 115 gr custom ammo in my RRA and so far, i'm impressed with this load.
i'm also looking at some Silver State Armory 115 gr Berger for future hunts...anyone use SSA Berger rounds?

Back