3-9X40 Ar scope?

LongTrang

I just ordered a Rock River Arms "Coyote" rifle. The estimated wait from rock river is 2-5 months so I've got some time to decide. Ive got a few ideas for scopes and I was going to run em past you guys. I have around 2-300 dollars to spend and Ill be gettin the scopes at dealer prices. I am currently looking at a 3-9 weaver grand slam, a bushnell elite 3200, bushnell elite 4200, Burris Fullfield 2, Leupold Mark AR, Sightron S2 with the holdover reticle, and maybe that Nikon "coyote" special. If you guys have the time, please drop in an opinion and if you happen to have any of these scopes lemme know how u like em.

I have the 3-9 Bushnell Elite 4200 and really like it. When I was trying to decide on a scope in your price range, it's the one that most people pointed me towards. I don't think you'd be dissapointed.

In fact, it now sits on basically the exact rifle you have on order (RRA CC upper, BM lower, Ace).

I've had the burris ff2 on my AR for three years now. That thing rides around on my 4 wheeler all winter long on rough roads bouncing all around. It has yet to move its point of impact, glass fairly clear as well.

Also, am looking at a Leupold VX 2 3-9x40. How do they compare optically to the Bushnell 4200 elites and Weaver Grand Slams? Just shows the VX2 to be "multicoat" and not fully multicoated. Was wondering how much light transmission difference there would be there.

I have the Mark AR, but it's been too wet to site it in. All I did was bore sight it. It's clear as a bell, though. I think it will be on par with all Leupold scopes in that price range...

I have a 3x9 nikon buckmaster on mine and like the scope for the money. I like it better than the vx2 leupold i have on my bolt gun which was almost twice as much $. Hope to upgrade at some point to a nikon monarch.

Since you are in no hurry and you obviously work for a gundealer, I would look for a good used Leupold VXIII in either 2.5X8 or 3.5X10. You would get a considerably better scope for the same money.

If you run out of time then I would buy the best Sightron you can afford. Tom.

Well, so far you have votes for almost every scope you posted. Made up your mind?
smile.gif

Well Jack, I gotta be honest, I've certainly been thinking about a 2-7. The main reason im looking at a 3-9 is because I tend to not keep things for a really long time. I think there is more of a market for 3-9 scopes if I decided I wanted to sell it to fund another scope or something. The scope Ive almost decided on is a Weaver Grand Slam 3-10X40 with the ballistic reticle. I found some for around $230 plus shipping. I'm somewhat torn as to what to do however, its going on a Rock River Arms Coyote rifle. It would sure be nice to have a short 2-7 on it for a larger FOV and less weight. I know I really dont need 9 power for it either unless I wanted to try to shoot some PD's. IMHO for coyotes, the .223 is pretty much a 300 yard gun and I can shoot 300 yards fine with a 7x scope. Im a lil bit torn as to what to do and thanks for all your opinions!

Back