Anybody Shoot 2 3/4" shell successfuly on Mossberg 935?

Juanjo

OK, I have read some interesting articles over the past few days of peeps who say that they have tried the 2 3/4" shells un-successfully, however there are some accredited testers saying that they have tried them with 3dram eq, and have rarely experienced a misfire or a jam. I purchased this shotty without hesitation because I have several thousand rounds of the 2 3/4" 3Dram eq shells in 7 1/2 that would like to use..

I will say that I have learned more on this website here in the last month or so than I have learned in other websites/forums combined. I appreciate all the feedback I acquire from all of ya'll.

This round was selected because it was a gift, and I would like my 16yr daughter to start shooting too!! I know a lot of happy fathers here that get to spend time with their kids out in the field in the hunt, and VERY great hunting stories begin..
smile.gif
She is my oldest and from there my 8yr old son.

I would also like to add that my daughter is very educated and is in advanced placement classes ever since she left elementary, 96 OAGPA Gentlemen, Ladies your input would mean the world to me.

Thanks,

Juan

shoot 2 3/4 during dove season 4 days of shooting a lot of shells and never had a jam or missfire out of my 935 best shotgun ever owned just wish it had pistol grip for yotes and turkeys.

Originally Posted By: emtpredatorshoot 2 3/4 during dove season 4 days of shooting a lot of shells and never had a jam or missfire out of my 935 best shotgun ever owned just wish it had pistol grip for yotes and turkeys.

Interesting, must have been something more than light loads that I use for doves, mine turns into a single shot when I try that.

DD

I haven't had any luck using low powered 2 3/4" loads but never had a problem with the few 2 3/4" magnum ones I tried through it.. The dealer told me that he had heard after the gun gets broken in good most 935's will function with any load.

I have shot three 3.5's in mine and that won't happen again. The 3" are okay and aren't as abusive. Haven't tried any 2 3/4" yet.

I just got home about an hour ago and shot no less than 150 rounds with only one hanger! This shotty is a keeper!!

Juan

Have had 2 26" 935's over the past two seasons. They all cycled 2 3/4" sporting clay loads without any hiccups whatsoever, both factory winchester 1 1/8oz AA's and REM premiers... also 1 1/8oz. Also had a short barrel'd turkey version that cycled the same loads just fine.

Mine shoots em great set up either of two ways. I posted a couple weeks ago about how to make the 935 handle super lights (7/8 oz) and other dove and light clays loads. To make a short story long, shoot about 4 boxes of heavy stuff and/or do some light tune work. Oh, there is one other way that works but I stoped doing it and said I would not do it again but...

B

Back