Pride Fowler Review

scottmilk9

I went to the range last thursday to sight in my fixed 10 power Pride Fowler scope. They're out of Tucson.

I zero'd the scope using 55gr American eagle, more or less to get it close so I didn't have to waste my handloaded 77gr bullets that i use for hunting and long range precision shooting.

I noticed right away that they use good glass, as good or better than leupold. Looking at the edges of the scope, i tried to find any unclear, jagged spots, but to no avail. Everything was looking good.

My attention turned to the BDC reticle they use. Its called the rapid reticle and the only thing I need to get used to is the 100yd has mark is above the actual crosshairs. That will take some time, but it will be easy to get used to.

I shot at 100, 200, 300 and 500yds. Believe it or not my best group came at 500yds. I had just under a MOA 4.75 inches. Not bad for a fixed 10 power and still getting used to the scope.

I need to dial my load down a hair, I'm running at 2725fps and if I were at 2650, I'd be right where the BDC lines are. Regardless using my hotter loads I was about a Minute(MOA) high at 300 and 500yds.

The only thing I don't like about the scope is it had covers on the knobs and especially irritating is the cover over the focus knob.

For a first test, with no prior experience with this scope I would give it a thumbs up. I would consider it for my coyote hunting scope, deer hunting or any other type of hunting, but would like to see a little more magnification for long range precision shooting.

Contacts and Specs:
http://www.rapidreticle.com/
1. 10X42 30MM diameter one piece tube 6061 T6 aluminum , matte black anodized finish.
2. Side-wheel focus
3. Multi-coated lenses, Reticle in first plane (allows for accurate use of aiming throughout power range with out change of zero at any magnification setting).
4. Threaded eye-piece adjustment with lock ring.
5. Positive ¼ M.O.A. windage and elevation clicks on the low profile target type knobs with reset to zero feature.
6. Weight: approx. 18 oz. Length: 13 5/8 inches.

Price: $850

Back