Hi From A Varmint Hunter Across The Pond

Greensand Hunter

Wasn’t sure where to post this but as its predator related it seemed good to go but feel free to move it please.

Just wanted to say hello from England as my first post and assure you there are some passionate fox hunters over here and who’ve always preferred the rifle to the hound as a means of getting the job done:

LogFox_edited-1.jpg

Cheers!

Welcome and it looks like you have some quality equipment to get the job done on those fox. How about some details about that good looking rifle you are holding???

Welcome...

What is predator hunting like in the UK? My wife has relatives in the Edinburgh area. When I asked her 94 year old grandmother about predators over there, she mentioned a type of cat that lives in the mountains of Scotland.

I thought it sounded fairly interesting, though I don't know if it's real or legend.

That is sweet. When I was in Ireland a few years back, I wondered what the UK had for predator calling. Looks like you've got it figured out!

Hi, and like everyone else said welcome. I look forward to hearing about predator hunting in England and what you hunt.

Welcome to the forums. Definitely have a spot of tea and give us reports on your hunting there. All right I'll stop trying to speak English. ACK!! Bullocks!!!

Thanks for the welcome and kind words. And all those questions!

Yes, I will attempt to convey what and how we hunt over here when time permits but in truth what you see represents our main focus as the fox is our No. 1 "predator". The so-called Scottish Wildcat referred to is in fact now a protected species.

A few words then on the rifle as this was asked about first although please note this is not my main varmint rifle as frankly all I need in my neck of the woods is a well placed 35g V-Max from my wee Anschutz in K22 HNT chambering.

Green Rifle Specification:

01. Action: Precision Rifles Scotland Nesika Hunter
02. Barrel: Krieger double cryo fluted with twist rate for 85-7grain bullets in .25 calibre
03. Floor plate/trigger guard: Sunny Hills
04. Bolt knob: My design.
05. Stock blank: Weston Gunstocks laminate
06. Stocking: PRS Thumbhole Sporter (carved by former Holland & Holland employee)
07. Scope Mounts: Custom machined s/s Conetrol bases
08. Scope Rings: Conetrol custum
09. Scope: Swarovski: PV-S 6-24x50 P
10. Chambering: .25 wildcat of my own design called the "250 Klenchblaize" based on the 6x47 Swiss Match case.
DSC02423-1.jpg

Hope this is of interest and don't you just love the handy self-timers cameras have these days!
Springkettleshill_edited-1.jpg

Cheers

Back