nikon pro staff VS. VX I

AndyFier

I am looking for a scope for my .223 and am having some trouble deciding on what to buy...
im looking at getting either a nikon pro staff 3-9X50 or the leupold VX I in 3-9X50.
The leupold is a little more money than the nikon but im still torn between the two. Nikon has never done me wrong, but i dont own a leupold and im curious. How do you guys think these scopes line up against each other and which one would you pick.

I own both and like them pretty much equally. I have always had a preference for Leupold, But honestly I would not hesitate to buy a Nikon. I'm not sure what your intended purpose for this rifle is but I would definitly opt for a 4.5-14 X 40 or 50 Definitly go for the higher power, you can always dial it down.

The Nikon also has positive click windage and elevation adjustments. The VX-1 has friction adjustments.

I like Leupold a lot but wouldn't own anything less than a VX II

I don't believe I would need anything larger than a 9 power scope, cause I live in iowa and most shots are at a max 200 yards. Everythings pretty hilly were I hunt at. I already one pro staff that's been a great scope for me but I was curious if buying a VX I was kinda like buying the cheapest lexus when ya should have just bought the best toyota.

Back