Nikon coyote on .204?

platapus

I inquired this on the tale end of another post but didnt get a response. I bought one of these for my .204 and was curious if anyone has this set up. Does the bdc reticle work better with a 32 grn or a 40 grn ? Is it power setting sensitive to where you zero it at 100 yards on 6 power then take a shot at 300 yards on 12 power an throw the bdc off. I have not mounted it yet an was just looking for some insight. Thanks

Originally Posted By: platapusIs it power setting sensitive to where you zero it at 100 yards on 6 power then take a shot at 300 yards on 12 power an throw the bdc off. I have not mounted it yet an was just looking for some insight. Thanks

The reticle measurements (subtensions) will change with a power change. It's very close to being inversely proportional actually. Really that's the beauty of this kind of reticle system, as it gives u some flexibility for long-range zeroing. If u're slightly low at all the reticle's zero ranges u can lower the power a bit and it will often give u a better long-range zeroing profile.

Back