Nikko Stirling Nighteater 6-24x56 LRX

SaberX01

I'm putting together another 22-250 for my better half so she can go shoot PD's and get involved with yote hunts here in South Central Montana. I ran accross a couple yote DVD's where I noticed the guys were using Nikko scopes (took me a fair bit to figure out what they were using).

I've never used, or even seen one in person. Was just wondering what you all thought about them. The price is certainly attractive, and they claim to be using Class-A optics with N2 charged tubes, which should make for a descent scope.

Thoughts, Comments, Alternatives ??

Thanx

They are simply ok at best...even at that price point. There are better options for the same price range...meaning at that price point they are middle of the pack. My preference in that range is the Elite series by Bushnell.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: va_kenThere are better scopes out there and if you saw Nikko on a DVD - I bet they were a sponsor.Oddly enough, after having watched one of the DVD's again, the guy had switched at some point in the series. It may have been that the sequence of each segment were out of order from the actual date timeline, but he ended up with Nikon ( not Nikko ) on the rifle.

I think I'm going to stick with what I know to be tried and proven, either a Leupold VX III series, or the Nikon Monarch. The only thing I'm not crazy about on Leupold is their eye relief (in a 22-250, recoil isn't a concern). Both scopes track well, have very good clarity and pull in allot of light in low-light situations. Only real obsticle is price, will have to work on the other half about that one.

Tnx for all the comments.

Back