Swap Rem barrels like a Savage?

unloaded

Thought some of you Rem guys might find this interesting it is posted on savageshooters.com

" Remington Pre-Fit Barrels
« on: September 05, 2009, 09:35:27 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been working my way to this project for over a year now. Northland Shooters Supply will be introducing their full line of Rem-Age Barrels. This package is a McGowen Stainless Prem. Match Grade Barrel that is completely finished and fully chambered with our new NSS Rem-Age Barrel Nut. As the name Rem-Age implies these barrels are a hybrid combination of the Remington Model 700 Rifles and a Savage style Barrel Nut mounted barrel. I have the first ones ordered at this time. The machine shop will have the Rem-Age Barrel Nuts done by the end of this month. I am planning on doing a 6.5-06 on my old Remington Model 700 as the first of the New Breed.

Pricing on the Rem-Age Pre-Fit Barrels will be the same as the Savage Pre-Fit McGowen Barrels. The Rem-Age Barrel Nuts are priced at $28.00 with a barrel order or $35.00 by themselves. The Rem-Age Barrel Nuts are designed to work with the Savage Barrel Nut Wrenches so no difficult to find tools are required.

Just to clarify, using the Rem-Age system, swapping your Remington 700 Barrels will no longer require a Gunsmith any more than a Savage rifle does. I would like some input from you Remington 700 shooters as to what calibers you are most interested in as well as what calibers you may want to order along with my initial stocking order.

Jim Briggs
NSS "

peace.
unloaded

Interesting! Take a Chevy, and it so the cheaper Ford parts work on it with your own tool set! Saw attempts at this before, and sounds like it should sell well to those who already own a Rem.. Can see some guys b****ing about defacing a 700 with a bulbous bbl. nut, but hey, if it works..........

Anybody see a proposed bbl. cost yet?

Here's a pic of one with a Pacnor barrel nut not the one mentioned above:
PACNORBARRELNUT.jpg

peace.
unloaded

For the silhouette crowd anything in 6.5 ,.260 & 6.5 x 47 to start.

For varmints 6BR that would work for me 1 in 8, 24in med-hvy contour.

Long range 6.5 x 284

I do my Savages with 4 differant calibers. I'm glad to see the Remmys getting in on the action.
I find it hard to consider the barrel nuts are ugly. Maybe to those who dont know why its there, I guess.
By the way, Jim Briggs is a top notch guy.

Originally Posted By: Bob Tobergte By the way, Jim Briggs is a top notch guy.

++++1

You won't find a finer guy to deal with!

Back