9mm Carbine

roadkill46

Anyone ever tried a 9mm carbing on dogs? i'm not going to, but i have 2 for when the zombies come and i was thinking...hmmm, shotguns for 40 yards and below, a 9mm may do the trick. they are tricked out with an eotech with an aimpoint magnifier and the other has an aimpoint and i use the magnifier from the other weapon on it.....just curious

RoadKill46,

I'm currently building a 9mm SBR AR for some close range Coyote mayhem. I have permission to hunt land that I think is just a little close to civilians (for my personal taste) and I'm really concerned about how loud my shots are. The homes appear to be 75 - 100 yards out from where I would start calling – the terrain is mixed timber, small hills and brush.

Shooting Milk jugs filled with water at 50 yards looks pretty impressive with Winchester White Box 158 gr.

I have heard from a few people that 9mm Rifle does well on small to medium hogs, coons, and armadillos, as well.

The Coyotes come in and raid the home owner’s trash, felines, and such. I have had some discussion with a few of the home owners and they are ok with me harvesting the coyotes. But one never knows until the first shots ring out…

Build

10.5” AR
MK-9K Silencer
No optics – just good old Irons

dead nutz on anything up to 75 yards:
punisher11.jpg

punisher12.jpg

ts2.jpg

007case.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Hi-Point 9mm carbine just like you do, Roadkill, only mine is not nearly as tricked out! The only thing I did to mine was add a compact 4x scope. I bought it just for fun, but then decided to try it on coyotes. I have killed two coyotes with it, though one dog needed two shots. I have also killed a coyote with my 9mm Beretta pistol - which was my closest kill yet at 7 feet! I used 135gr Hydrashoks for all three dogs, FYI.

Where did you get all those acessories, anyways?

I've been considering it, since I tried my dads HiPoint.
If nothing else, it's a fun gun to shoot............

As per page 9 of the 2009-2010 New Mexico Big Game and Trapper Rules and Information booklet.

NM rule book found online here

It is illegal to...

Discharge a firearm within 150 yards of a dwelling or building,
not including abandoned or vacated buildings on public land,
during the hunting seasons, without permission of the owner or
lessee thereof.

So if you get permission you can get close, but if not, then you better move a ways away. Hope that clears things up.

Well, if you have permission you can set up closer. If you set up further they technically can't say anything about it. If they don't mind you can set up closer, but that is between you and them.

Cool pics of your guns, I say go for it and try those guns on some yotes. I just bought a Springfield XDM 9 mm pistol and would love to shoot a yote with that. I'm thinking about maybe smoking a young deer with it!

Accessories are out there, aside from the optics, QUALITY airsoft parts are the way to go, i don't care what all the mall ninjas say, you, including myself, are not going to war soon, nor are the zombies gonna take control. ATI stock on the one with the bow cut off, custom rail from EGW gunworks, they sell any length of in the white extruded rail, i think it was 2 feet for $25, gives you some options on some other gun ideas, just drill and bolt on. rails are rails, i don't care where they come from as long as they are alum and not pot metal you are good to go. go over to:
http://www.hipointfirearmsforums.com/Forum/index.php
and there is everything you never wanted to know about hi points. i'm on the same name over there, nice bunch of down to earth guys, no attitudes like barfcom or sigforum, glocktalk (crap i'm members of all of them)

oh and the folding stock one is a one off i built with a VZ58 folder, a lot of JB weld, a fake asia can and a lot of time!!! the second pic of the urban cammo job is the new version of the 995 called the TS. it comes with the stock and rails etc has LRBHO and is really a nice stock compared to the original 995. still limited to 10 rounds though.

Last edited:
Those pictures make me wish I would of kept mine but I got rid of it to buy a .22 pistol. I still have a High Point C9 9mm though. Great little guns in my opinion and well worth the money. My dad also has the .40 pistol and the only problem we have ever had with any of them was shooting the Winchester white box. They would jam about every other round but switched ammo and not a problem since.

My dad took a coyote with a Hi-Point in his back yard that was looking at my chickens as an easy meal; one shot in the side and he was done. The shot was at about 40 yards. I would say out to 75 yards a 9mm carbine is a good choice, as far as quite, yeah a little quieter than a .223, but depending on the ammo it will still give that "crack" as it breaks the speed of sound.

Back