Boresighting Kit

Welcome to the board mjgonzo!
laugh.gif

Jack

I picked one up at wal mart awhile back. Its just a laser pointer type with different plastic things for different calibers. Works pretty well, I've done a lot of scope swapping lately and it gets me on target every time. One complaint I have about it is it is really hard to see in the day time against a black backing. Light brown card board seems to work the best and white paper works ok, also its not small enough to work on .17 calibers. Cost around 40$ I think, maybe cheaper but It does exactly what I need it to.

I just look through the bore and scope at the vent on the apartments across the street. It is 100 yds. I can get within 2" of the bullseye when I go to the range to sight in at 100 yds.

Originally Posted By: reb8600I just look through the bore and scope at the vent on the apartments across the street. It is 100 yds. I can get within 2" of the bullseye when I go to the range to sight in at 100 yds.

That's how I do it with my .17 calibers. Fortunately my young eyes are up to the challenge of seeing a 8x10 piece of paper at 100 yards through a .17 caliber barrel. Most people probably cant do that though. I did use that method for awhile on other guns before I got a boresighter though.

I used my neighbors Laserlyte kit, and gotta say, it's was nice. It's not cheap, but does the job well. Took less than 15 minutes.

KRYPTONYTE LASER BORE SIGHTING SYSTEM, from LaserLyte.

First 3 shots were was in the 9/10 ring at 100yrs after following the simple instructions. I set mine up in my 2 stall garage, about 40ft accross or there abouts. I like the gun and scope level bubble, makes the whole thing quick and easy.

Originally Posted By: reb8600I just look through the bore and scope at the vent on the apartments across the street. It is 100 yds. I can get within 2" of the bullseye when I go to the range to sight in at 100 yds.

+1
I do the same thing at the range. I look through the bore and scope at a 3" paste-on red bull on target paper at 50 yards, I then shoot one shot at the 50 yard bull, move the cross wires to intersect the bullet hole, and then shoot at 100 yards. I find that if I have the horizontal cross wire about 1/2" above the bullet hole at 50yards, I'll be dead on at 100 yards. At 50 yards, the bullet is still on the rise with respect to the line of sight.

Last edited:
Back