Fox Pro claims yet another victim

Shawn,Yes the AP-6 is a sceery call . I set up on high ground when possible. Not at the top , but about 1/3 of the way down . Dont put the caller behind you . I did that once , and will never do it again . I had a coyote come in and go right to the caller , then run over me on the way out!!!AS far as waiting on the pups , thats your option , I have found if you use the pup in distress 90 percent of the time , a male is the one to come in . How about it guys ? have you had the same kind of reaction??Also , hunt the draws, They are good spots . Most of the time i call a draw i call up a coyote . be patient , and i would highly recomend you learn how to use a howeler . If you can beg borrow or steal a copy of randy andersons video . get it , and mimic his howelin technique . it will up your numbers . there are several good howelers out ther . My favorites are the critter call mini ( not a howeler but i use it for one) , the critter call standard , Sceery howeler , but it is very adult sounding and very loud . And on and on . get a howeler and learn how to use it . Just today a friend and i howeled in 5 coyotes . useing the pup in distress, and greeting howeles . Its a great trick to learn to use . hope this helps . Later Jerry .
Originally posted by coyote_220:
Thanks for the tip Jerry I am currently working on the hand calls now. I will look for this Ap-6 what brand is it sceery? I am also scouting for coyote stand areas. When setting up a stand should I set up in higher ground or low ground such as toward the top of a ridge or at the base? I would like to set the fox-pro at a higher elevation for better louder sound but thats near impossible without getting the bark of death. I would like to go try a few places but I am holding out for the pups to leave on there own.

Thanks
Shawn

Thanks for the tip Jerry I will work on getting the ap-6 as for a howler I already have the sceery. Now if I can learn to use it and actually sound like a coyote I will be in business!
biggrin.gif
I will have to get out calling here in the next few days and see what I can get to respond. This time of year I beleive I would use a coyote pup in distress or the fawn in distress that should get some results you think?

Thanks for the tips Jerry
Shawn

Jerry's right.All the coyotes I have called in this spring have been with howling and coyote pup distress and all of them have been adult males that have responded.GOOD HUNTING......

[This message has been edited by UTcaller (edited 06-17-2001).]

Shawn
get that randy anderson video . it will teach you how to howel . Ill try to explain how i do it . I begin with a flat greeting howel , then a bark howel , then a low pitched escalating to high pitched long howel . Each howel lasts about 6 seconds . thats seems like a long time , and it takes alot of air , but it works . As far as the fawn , I have better luck with the howeling and pup distress. Good luck buddy . ill be rootin for you . Jerry .

------------------
If you call them they will come-- FOX PRO.

Back