Predator Lights by Restorc

Originally Posted By: killcoyotes how many predator hunters really take shots over the 200 yrd mark at nite ?

They don't trust hillbilly's with rifles after dark round here.
grin.gif
Just scatter guns for us at night. 40 yards is about all I'll be shooting. Just from what I've read this light will be plenty good enough for me!
wink.gif

how much do you think the red lense will effect its range?
Is a good question.
it still should be good for shotgun range.

i use bulb ights with a rifle,but with the shotgun just the small headband led,i want them up close and the led doesnt seem to bother them as much and the eyes glow alot brighter.

imo

Last edited:
So here goes some pictures-

Light beam from Predator Light
DSC00377.jpg

You can see the center of the beam and the surrounding bright halo. Outside of that the light is not intense. Should cut through fog, Rain and snow well.

Predator Light on top, 12 volt 5100 style head on bottom

DSC00378.jpg

You can see the 5100 yellow light seems brighter than the LED light. The LED light casts a blue tint to the light, not as harsh on the eyes. Gives the impression the light is not as bright.

Next three pictures show the Predator Light shined in the same spot as the 5100 12 volt light. You can see the center spot of the predator light is brighter than the 5100 light as you can see the LED light over the top of the 5100 light.

DSC00379.jpg

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

The center beam on the predator light carries focused much better than the 5100 style head and it appears that the 5100 style head is brighter because the light halo is huge and wastes a lot of light, it lights up everything from 5 feet in front of me out to the target. When I point the Predator light at something everything in front of me is very dim and the focused spot travels to the target and lights it up better than the spot from the 5100 head. I can point both lights at my barn, 100 yards away and have the same results, the Predator Light is brighter and shines over the 12 volt 5100 style light in the same way the pictures show. Just can't get the camera to pick it up at the distance. Hope this helps, I'll have it out tomorrow night and see how long it likes to run. Let me know what you think and I'll try to answer what I can.

nice job matt. i would like to point out the clarity of our light beam, you can notice it on the wall and certainly in the woods. with our light, you won`t get all the splash back of light and all the shadows.

About 20 yards from the wall, have trouble getting pictures from 100 yards away at night, need a lot better cameras than I have.

I bought one Saturday and had it in my hands on Tuesday. Like others have said It didn't take long to charge up. I think the light is very well constructed.I was impressed by it's brightness and think it will do very nicely for me. I especially like the lack of weight vs the burn time. I don't know how much the rest of you hunt at night but it doesn't take much light to see eyes . I would never be shooting 100 plus yards at night.We have too much livestock around the area and I need to know exactly where my bullet is going and what it's going into. This is farm and ranch country,kinda hilly and it's hard to know what's out there beyond my field of vision. There isn't any Coyote or Bobcat worth getting in trouble over. I'd recomend the Predator light.

Mike,
Thanks a million for your comments on the Predator Light. I am grateful to have you on board as a customer and keep us informed of your success using the the Predator!

Regards,
Charlie
Restorc, Ltd

OK guys, had the Predator Light out for the opening night of the NY coyote season, here's the results-

000_0017.jpg

000_0019.jpg

000_0021.jpg

I'll try to write more about it later. Coyote came in about 140 yards directly into the light on Low beam, could have shot it all day as the light lit up the whole body over 100 yards away, looked like daylight at 35 yards when I shot it facing me with the .223.

mcdonald, congrats on your opening day coyote. i`m glad to see that our light worked well for you and that not having a lens cover didn`t effect the yotes approach. thanks for using our light and sharing your hunts with us.

unfortunatly(sp) last night was not a large succes. met up with two of my buddies at around 8pm to do a little opening night hunt. rained pretty much the whole time we were out there, not that that would stop us. ;D cover is way to thick right now to hunt with three people but the third kept bugging us to go, so along he came :-[ . didn't call in a single yote. we did however see plenty of deer, at roughly 50-150 yards. the light was bright enough to see a massive rack on one of them there deer at over a hundred yards away(i know where i'm deer hunting). i burnt them the best i could with the predator light and they didn't seem to mind it at all. even without a filter. i did my best to put the light to the test and it never gave up. when you turned it on it was on, no flickers, no wiggling with wires to get it to work. i had it on my head the entire night and hardly could tell it was there. so far the water does not seem to effect it. in total it was on for about 6 hours most of that time it was on low, i did run it on high for close to and hour through out the night and it never seemed to dim. we sat on the edge of a few fields that are right at 200 yards across and if a yote had held up at the edge i could of taken a body quite easily. even though we rarely shoot that far at night. i'm liking this light more every time i turn it on. i'll probably have it out for a short time tonight if the weather isn't to bad, then my main pard and i will be back out sat. for an all nighter. i'll let ya'll know how it works out.

Homebuilt,

I'm happy to hear you found your buck, sad to hear no yotes!
I'm sure you will harvest one soon. When you do, please call me at (585)259-6000 and tell me about it.

Good luck and stay safe!

congrats thats a nice yote.

i use a regular led alot,on red it has never spooked anything,on the white deer have ran off after looking at it.

but i live in a state where spotting is allowed,and families are out there burnin criiters with those 1 million candlepowers.From August to the end of November.

That may be why any white light scares them.

wireless is sure the way to go.

I just ordered a predator light this morning. Everyone seemed very helpful and answered all my questions. I felt confident in ordering by they way they handled my phone call. I wanted the red lens and the scope mount, they said they should be available towards the end of the month. They also said they would be happy to sell me a modified red lens cover now, however they feel certain I will not want a red lens when I try the light . I hope they are right. I am just so use to using a red lens, I feel naked with out it. I should get my light this week. Can’t wait to try it out.

Scott

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this? What exactly comes with the Predator light and what is considered "extra" and must be purchased separatedly?
I just bought another light set and received a car charger, two lenses (amber and red), Hat with head-lamp bracket and a pouch.
I will be making an order this Monday and don't want to be disappointed.
Cheers

I used the Predator Light for the first time while hunting last night. It was incredible in performance!

I never had to use the "high" setting as the "low" was sufficient to scan fields up to, and perhaps over, 500 yds.

Unfortunately, I did not call in any coyotes (go figure), but I did howl up a deer and the eyes and body lit up at 150 yds, or so.

The light never dimmed at all over 6 hours of shining and no charging in the car.

Hers' the best part...

- I never had to fumble with any cords

- There was no heavy battery to haul around

- There was no let down of having poor battery performance

- No charging in cars or loose wires in the front of my truck

Great picture McDonald. Congrats on your opening night.

Here's a pic of the Predator Light in action on this side of the country...

predatorlight1.jpg

Tony

Back