Free Gun Kote for your firearms if your near Dayton, Ohio

wilsoncs3980

I'm thinking about starting a small side business coating fireams and want to get a little more experience before I start charging for my services. I'm willing to practice on your gun for free. Couple of stipulations.

1) you have to be local to Dayton, Ohio. I don't have a gunsmith license yet so shipping your gun to me is illegal. I don't want to go down that road.

2) You have to help, lol....

other than that, you get a free paint job.

Here's what we can do.
I use KG Gun Kote products.

Its a bake on product. I have several colors so we can do camo paterns. Thats where I need the practice. I've done solid colors on a couple of my guns. They look good.

I also have the KG Stock coat products so we can do your scope and stock without baking.

We will sandblast your metal parts down to the bare metal. I'll put on a phosphate sealer first, then pre-heat your parts and spray with the Gun Kote, I have stencils so we can apply a couple coats and then clear coat everything for a very proffesional job. A complete camo job will take all day.

My industrial oven shipped yesterday and I still need to put the sandblast cabinet together so I won't be ready to go for a couple of weeks but if you interested post a reply or shoot me a private messsage. I'm hoping I can get a couple volunteers. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules with this post. I like to play by the rules.

Gun Kote is a good product. In the future I plan on trying Cerakote.
Later fellas

My oven shipped early this week so it should be here soon. After I get it set-up, wired etc... I'll be ready to start working on some guns. I'll keep you posted. I have a Remington 700 that I coated using equipment where I work. I'll try to post a picture later.

Let me in on the fun. I have an AR that needs a good camo job. I am a couple of hours away and would love to take part. Just let me know when.

I can see it now, kinda like an AA meeting. Bunch a rednecks standin around an old pole barn.

My names Super-yote-sniper and I need a camo'd rifle.

Last edited:
I'm going to try and get the oven off the trailer tonight and see about how I'm going to plug it in. I'm going to need a new cable and plug for sure.

Originally Posted By: groundhogsniperI'm interested if you don't already have too many takers! Troy, OH

Your actually pretty close. You might end up being the first guinea pig.

We will have to get together and hunt sometime too.

count me in i will drive down for you to do some testin on my shot gun and then we can go out and try it out on some fur. I am a sure it will shoot better with some new camo:) just let me know when i could come down and if you need help setting up i could lend a hand thanks.

Well, I got the oven unpacked and unfortunately its going to take some work to get it operational. Some of the heaters have missing wires, power cable needs replaced, I may need to replace all the controls, I'll keep ya all posted on the progress.

Discrimanation!!!!! I live in Okla., and I want a free paint job too!! Discrimanation!!!

Good luck on your venture, I am considering doing the same thing, kinda as a second income. The FFL part kinda sucks just to do a paint job. If people just sent you parts, do you still need an FFL?

Back