Quality Daddy/Daughter Time

Ursus21

While some of the rest of the world might think taking your daughter shopping at the mall is quality daddy/daughter time, we do it a little different in Montana. I don't think my 12 year old daughter would last 5 minutes in a mall before she'd be asking to leave and go somewhere interesting.
wink.gif

I had a little free time after work yesterday and the wind wasn't howling for a change so I asked my daughter if she would like to go coyote hunting. I got an enthusiastic "YES!" So we changed clothes and headed out. She's been a time or two with me before, but we hadn't had any luck in the past. Last night the hunting gods were nice to us and blessed us with this nice female coyote. It was a perfect set up, a perfect shot, and a perfect hunt, with the worlds best little hunting partner.
CoyoteDanielleTroySept28A.jpg

You've got yourself a very pretty hunting partner. I love how she stayed fashionable with the camo overshirt tied fashionably around the waist.
smile.gif
smile.gif

Good for you as a father! Those are memories that she'll remember for a lifetime. Let alone, will she impress boys in the future, when she's says "Coyote Hunting? Heck yes...been there done that!".
grin.gif

Tony

Congrats, that age is were a lot of dads lose their girls to makeup, boys, and what ever else girls do. Glad to see you've got her on the right track.

Troy - you sure are raising that girl right! Good job on keeping her interested in the outdoors, and not Facebook.

Thanks guys. Just doing the best I can like any father should. I'm hoping there doesn't come a day when I'm no longer cool in her eyes. We get along great and she literally is my best hunting partner. She can be a little lady when she wants to and get all dolled up, but she can also turn right around and out shoot her brothers.
wink.gif

You'll note she has a necklace in the photo. Most little girls have necklaces, that is not unusual. However her's has shark's teeth.
smile.gif
Man, I love this little girl!

There you go, Troy! Congratulations to you and your daughter. That's the what I like to see. My daughter is getting anxious to get out this season. My one and only goal for this season, bar none, is to get a photo like the one above of my daughter and a coyote.

Way to go!

My goal for this year is to get her and her older brother to each kill a coyote or two of their own. My daughter is still a little slow on the trigger and takes a little too much time aiming, but her brother has really stepped up his game. I'm thinking he will get his own yote very soon.
smile.gif
Best of luck to you with your daughter, I expect you will reach your goal soon as well.

Funny you mentioned the necklace as that was one of the first things I noticed. Was thinking how in the heck was she hid that the sun did not reflect off of that necklace somewhere to give you away.

Congratulations to Troy & his beautiful Daughter!

She is the future of hunting and thank you for starting her out right.

Way to raise 'em.

If my son were 10 years older I'd have to chain him to the wood shed and hide the tractor key...

DSCF2258.jpg

DSCF2188.jpg

B

Last edited:
Super--tell your daughter a big congrats and congrats to you too. It is great to see a young girl/boy with their priorities placed properly. You got another Sara Palin on the way--and I hope yall take that as a compliment. TnTnTn

Guys, you all need to be spending as much time as you can with your kids, trust me they grow up way to fast. I am hoping that I get to go out with my son & the 5 yr old twin granddaughters this coming January while they are here. To me that will be the icing on the cake.

IMG_1504.jpg

Elizabethsfirstcatch.jpg

My daughter Elizabeth likes goin fishin with me. I also took her on a few stands and she seems to like it. But school comes first.

t/c223encore.

Back