Jimmy Carter: Wilson comments 'based on racism'

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71well, politics involves different opinions as to what constitutes the truth. Mr. Wilsons vote was never in jeopardy. I guess it will be a victory for truth when our next republican president is heckled during his/her speeches.

Really? So the truth is now dictated by opinion? It's no wonder I don't understand politics or liberals. Here I thought the truth was simply the truth; not open to interpretation or subject to opinion. Silly libertarian, the old-fashioned truth is for the proletariat, we progressive elite can make our own truth.

I don't believe the truth is dictated by opinion. The truth is a tangible element. However, individuals could honestly disagree on what they believe to be the truth. Religion is an example. Politics is another example.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishif someone yells "you lie" in a room full of politicians, how do you know who he's talking to?

now that's a good one
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: HunterBear71I don't believe the truth is dictated by opinion. The truth is a tangible element. However, individuals could honestly disagree on what they believe to be the truth. Religion is an example. Politics is another example.

Indeed, both good examples. However, they're not the real issue. Wilson doesn't believe that Obamacare will not cover illegal immigrants as Obama stated. As far as I can tell from my exposure to the bill (at least at that point in time), it did not specifically exlude illegals, thus one had to assume illegals were eligible. If that's the case, Obama's statement that illegals would absolutely not be covered was not true. Disagreement on political and religious issues in general is entirely different that stating something that is not true. Last I heard, and untrue statement is a lie, which leads me to side with Mr. Wilson on this one. Granted, his outburst may not have been entirely polite, but I personally don't think he was terribly out of line. Just how much crap are we expected to swallow before we gag on it?

I am sooooo sick of this race card chit. Everything negative that is said about "it" will turn into a racial debate. Carter is a moron, to me he doesn't exist.

Back