KIT guns???????

Tjkiller

Both of my Ars ar factory builds. What are the pros / cons to buying the kits and putting them togther with a lower? Besides cost. Is the extra couple hundred bucks you save worth it. I need a new zombie gun and im thinking getting a kit.

I didnt buy a kit I bought all parts seperate as i could afford and find them. All I can say is that it feels good shooting a gun that I built. so I would say its worth it! just the pride in knowing I built it is more important than knowing I saved some money, and you can use money saved for optics

Check out Doublestar. They have some great kits at great prices. Good people to deal with. You can put together the same rifle as a RRA Predator Pursuit, without the 2 stage trigger for around 700.00. At 120.00 for the trigger you can still have a nice AR for less than 850.00. Alot better money spent IMO than a CMMG. SS bull kit for 575.00 less lower. Great barrells also. They carry the Wilson air guaged barrells also. There are a lot of ways to go with AR and some of these cheap deals you see on here are just that. CHEAP!!! JMO Axe

CMMG sold the bargin bin rifles last year also. I heard nothing but good things about those rifles they sold as bargin bins. Everybody seemed like they were very pleased with them. Many, many claimed they couldn't even see a flaw or imperfection that led them to be sold as bargin bin rifles.

After what I heard last year, if I was looking to buy an AR15 I would jump on one of those. Heckuva good price!

Seen a post were a mod here had to put a free float tube on his to get it to shoot 1/2 inch groups, that puts it at 650.00. In my opinion that is not a great deal for what you are getting. I was just trying to share my experience to someone for them to get the most for the money. You still have a junk trigger to deal with. Not putting down CMMG or the product they are selling, just relaying info at how much more you can get for 100.00. 20 inch Wilson SS air guaged barrell(same as on RRA Predator Pursuit) free float tube, Ace skeleton stock, 4lb. single stage trigger for 750.00. To me that is a lot better deal than 600.00 for a M4. Standard stock and mil spec trigger puts it down to 675.00 and to me that is alot more bang for your buck. Axe

If you look at our flyer in the dealer specials, you'll see a 16" barrel with a free float tube and bolt/carrier for $575. We use Rock Creek 5R 1-8 twist barrels that shoot better than average.

Originally Posted By: scottmilk9If you look at our flyer in the dealer specials, you'll see a 16" barrel with a free float tube and bolt/carrier for $575. We use Rock Creek 5R 1-8 twist barrels that shoot better than average.

That's a good deal right there! Might be worth a look.

kevlars

I think the main difference is you can build as you have money, or to order, you aren't wasting money on parts you aren't going to use anyway. It the end, it often doesn't save you money. Just to build a base model, and compare against other base prices, and you will typically come out neck and neck.

I have a gun from double star and actually most their guns in the price range you are talking about are with the E.R. Shaw barrels. I called and spoke with them and there are actually only a few rifle kits they sell that actually come with a Wilson barrels. Anything with a 1-9 twist is E.R.Shaw, which is all but the stainless match Hbar. My Car 16" came with a E.R. Shaw and it shoots great. Most all AR companies use Shaw barrel actually FWIW...

Last edited:
Back