10/22 Bull Barrel

Well I got my new stock today. It is a thumbhole stock. I will be busy finishing it in the next few weeks. I will try to post a pic.

Quote:What kind, fluted or not?

If it's a steel barrel, fluted. There's also no reason to go over 18" long, you won't gain any velocity with a .22 LR by going longer.

I haven't bought the barrel yet, but I do like the looks of the fluted barrels. I haven't had a day off to go to Clerke arms to talk to Bo yet.

1022stock1.jpg

1022stock2.jpg

Rimfirecentral is the Ruger 10-22 place. Anything you want to learn about them can be answered over there. I spent a couple of years there learning about 10-22's and now have eight of them. Mine are all tricked out in one form or another.
Your wallet dictates what level you want to get to when modifying a 10-22. You can go from next to nothing invested to $1700 depending on what you can afford.
If you have any specific questions as you proceed with your 10-22, just ask and someone here can help you also. The knowledge isn't only available on RFC as people here my know too.
Oh, one more thing, about barrels. You get what you pay for in terms of accuracy.

Martyn

Well I FINALLY finished sanding my stock. I just put the first coat on it and I am waiting for it to dry. I will go out in about an hour or so to put on the second coat. I finally went with Clerke arms bull barrel. I just went with a standard blue barrel with no fluting or anything. I have mounted the scope base on the action and am waiting to get some scope rings and mount the Sightron scope.

Back