You ate what?

guess

what is the strangest thing you've killed and eaten?

Until recently I would have had to say armadillo. A few days ago we ate the bobcat Talon killed last December. I would have to say it was great. A little hard getting past the thought of it being a cat. Awesome flavor and white meat. I did notice our house cats being a little nervous around me since though.
grin.gif

Took some to a cookout last night and everyone loved it.

2 things come to mind:
Vietnam-120day day old duck eggs-a delicacy to them-UCK!
Alaska-uncleaned boiled fish heads-a fifth of old crow helped.

Originally Posted By: tallgrassDeep fried snapping turtle.

Thats what I was going to say, got beat to the punch. Had some snapping turtle deep-fried at a game dinner last year, couldn't believe how good it was...

Chuck

Coon,rattlesnake,possum,muskrat,groundhog,bear,turtle,frog legs, beaver, and fox to just to name a few...Ive made it a goal in life that if I run across it fixed somewhere that I will try it just to say that I have...
grin.gif

Alot of this stuff was fixed on intoxicated nights with my buddies around a campfire....
crazy.gif
laugh.gif

4 days ago my cousin shot a woodpecker with a pellet rifle and ate it. The one with the orange on it's wings. Strange things happen sometimes at deer camp.

t/c223encore.

In college I drank a double shot glass of aquarium water with a live goldfish in it. That was after mass quantities of alcohol and a bet that I couldn't do it. He didn’t put up much of a fight going down, kind of like swallowing a raw egg or something. But a few minutes later when he decided to come back out, he felt like a 12lb bass!
sick.gif

stomach lining from a sheep or cow, cant remember. Also ate chicken feet. Didn't like either. My friend just the other day said he tried bobcat and really enjoyed it.

Bob

Quote:Ive made it a goal in life that if I run across it fixed somewhere that I will try it just to say that I have...

Very, very INTERESTING to know Chad. I'll remember that when you come out for your hunt!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Tony

I'm with Chad - I'll try pretty much anything once.

Ask Gerhard from South Africa to hook you up with some Jackal Pee (he uses the other word, but the nanny beeeps it out). Rough stuff.

Andrew McLaren also fed me a puff adder - South Africa's version of haggis. Not bad over an open fire with some amarula on the rocks.
smile.gif

Some kind of snails we picked up on a reef in the South Pacific, some cuddle fish we caught they came after a spinner like a trout would. Different kinds of pickled fish and pickled beef/chicken. Raw barracuda and tuna. No ill effects from any of it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: cornpone64my wife's cookin'

Yup, sometimes if she hadn't told me in advance what it was I wouldn't have had a clue.
grin.gif

Back