WHAT a PIG !! big boar hittin' the bait..... BRUIN !!

Yotes2Call

this big boy is hitting the bait only at night.

Gonna change up tactics and try calling him in during the day. I know he is staying close, as we have other pics of him on waterhole cam approx. 500 yards from bait site.

that is a 55 gal drum about five feet from him
grin.gif

What advice besides call long and often can any of you give ?

thanks,
Scott

Camino_bear_009.jpg

Camino_bear_031.jpg

Camino_bear_036.jpg

Camino_bear_037.jpg

Last edited:
Man that is a huge bear. I have tried to call bears with no success. The last issue of Predator extreme had a write up of it you might chek it.

Hope for a cool, rainy day. If you get one, he'll be out during daylight. Is your cam reading 55 or 66degrees? If you can get temps similiar during daylight, he SHOULD be moving.

BTW, that does appear to be a DANDY bruin!

Last edited:
That is a real bruiser of a bear. Look at the size of his paws!
He's not hanging around Story is he?
Good luck on bagging that beast. Lets us know what he weighs.

It looks fairly open around the bait. you might try to move it to a thicker area close by. He may feel better about coming in during at least partial daylight.

throw some hounds on him, they`ll get him up for ya. that`s a real nice bear and one that would look great in the home. good luck.

Originally Posted By: DoubleCKYou got the weather. Did you get the bear?

not yet... got one called in right behind us..

heard him huffing and moving around. never saw him. Rimrock above and behind us that was about 25 feet tall. I think he was off the lip and in the timber..

going again Thurs I think. more snow inbound Fri. and Sat.
laugh.gif

I would find the thickest cover you can, a swamp, or river bottom or anything you can find other than the open woods. Start baiting in the morn, or mid day. Try to do it at around the same time each day. Try spraying some ultimate bear lure or other bear scent when you go in. And make sure there is plenty of bait there to keep him there. The best bear hunting is now when the temp is dropping and they are getting ready for winter. And put every minute you can on stand. I have seen numerous bear in the morning, may want to try that. And pray that it's your year. Good luck!

Mike

well... the big boy either went to bed or left.

last trip up sow and 2 cubs and no boar on the trail cam...
cry.gif

maybe spring time...

not to mention 23 inches of snow.... knee deep and tough to get around in.

thanks for the tips and help all.

Back