Got Wolf?

gwh

I have not seen anyone post there pics or storey about a wolf they harvested from ID. Have any of the 26630 members purchased tags and if so did you harvest one? Please post your pics and story.

If I missed a post please delete and point me to it.
blush.gif

I bought a tag but have not had a chance to go hunt them yet. They are going to be pretty tough to hunt in my opinion for the simple fact that they are so spread out.

Most of the state does not open until October 1st. There are a few areas that opened on September 1st and a few more that opened today. I have seen a few stories on the internet but not many.

Its been a while since Ive been on Predator Masters. Its good to be back.
Anyway, I think we will see a few more wolves harvested after the 1st of October. I'm waiting for some snow to fly before I get too crazy after them.

I'll buy one this weekend, but it's a complete needle in a haystack proposition for most people. I'd say an exception might be ranchers whose property happens to be on the wolves circuit, and only if the rancher is familiar with their patterns.

Okay that explains the lack of post. It does not start for the big hunt untill Oct. I will keep an eye out for pics and post. Good luck all.

Any of the 4 harvested by PM members? I would like to keep a total of the wolf harvest(and pics) by our members.

Originally Posted By: gwhAny of the 4 harvested by PM members? I would like to keep a total of the wolf harvest(and pics) by our members.

One of them was called in with a coyote pup distress call and shot with a .243 at 25yrds. If that guys isn't on here he should be. Another was shot by a guy that didn't even plan to use the tag. He was going to frame it and stepped out of his tent and a wolf was bugging his horse so he shot it. Another shot last week was a bad deal. Guy shot it in the wrong unit (Wasn't open yet) so he got hammered for that. Haven't heard the details on the fourth wolf. It would be cool if someone on here shot one. I know if I get one everyone here will know.
grin.gif

I would very interested to hear the story if any our members kill a wolf. I sure wish I could get up there right now and do some hunting - calling in a 150 lb wolf would be a real treat!

And I'd love to clean up another wolf skull with my beetles! Here's a wolf skull I cleaned up, compared to a coyote, red fox, and grey fox.

skulls_timberwolf_coyote_redfox_gre.jpg

OOOOHHH Bones!! I love bones, and that's a COOL comparison!!

Here's one of a Griz, Black and Wolverine ... and my 65lb dog...lol

DSC_0218.jpg

I have a tag my hunt area but it doesn't start til oct 1st. Been grouse huntin there and there is plenty of wolf sign.

Okay I have been patient. Tomorrow is the open for the main wolf hunt now I want to see pics and stories. Good luck to all.

Yup bought one for sure. I of course will shoot one when I see one but I bought more to make a statement than anything else. Having several thousand tags purchased makes a huge statement in my opinion that we want them gone.

Back