Saw a White Fox Yesterday...

Trailtracker

On our way home from town my daughter and I had a white fox crossed the road in front of our truck. No doubt about it that it was a fox. I have just never seen one that was white. Not totally white. It had brown on it's head and the last few inches of it's huge tail. Would you call it an albino ? Sorry I wasn't able to snap a picture but it disappeared quickly in to the cornfields.

Strange. I've never seen one like that. we have some Gray's in my neighborhood that look white at night some times but never anything like you are talking. I did see what must have been a WAY HUGH ring-tailed cat south of town on my way to dove hunt a couple weeks back. It was twice as big as any I have ever seen before, and 3 times the size of some smaller ones. Couldn't have been a fox cause the body was feline shaped and moved different, but it was as big as one. They are only supposed to get to be the size of average house cats.

You never know what you might see if you keep your eyes open though.

Originally Posted By: flyinlizard1Cool sighting but most likely not albino,cause the albino mutation lacks all pigment which gives it the pink eyes,nose ,ears .

Exactly what I think....trail cams being deployed in the area spotted, but with the harvest about to begin it may not be seen ever again by my eyes....or anybody elses. Would make a cool mount though....but pictures would do.

When I was a kid a long long time ago in eastern Montana, I saw a white fox from the school bus. It was running across a wheat stubble field with a normal colored red. Dad was trapping in that area at the time and caught close to 200 fox that winter but never got the white one. He did catch some with more white on them than normal such as large white tipped tails and some with white on their legs instead of the normal black. I'm glad there were lots of other kids on the bus that saw it too or I don't think Dad would have believed me.

Back