Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40, RapidZ 600.....Opinions?

I don't have that 1 but i do have the Rapid Reticle 3-9x32 with RR600 reticle which is basically the same thing (mine has dots instead of lines at the "25" yrad marks below the "400"-yd. line). Same guys designed both. I never worry about mine lining up to even hundred yd. marks. Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't depending on bullet, and velocity mostly.

I prefer tree reticle systems in my long-range reticles, which these satisfy that requirement in spades.

I do like the rangefinding stadia lines in the Zeiss for the most accurate reticle-rangefinding system i've seen (though they should've made the 1/2 IPHY lines as thin as possible IMO).

Try CDC Sports, Grove City, PA.

They had several last week with the Rapid Z at a 10% discount, but I'm not sure if they still have them.

Phone: 724-748-5500

Sir- please tell us what you think about it. I am considering one on a custom 17 rem. My cost will be at $450- not sure if it can be bought cheaper? JHG

I like it.
It's bright and clear, and the reticle is almost as fine as a normal fine duplex reticle. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it past 120 yards yet.
The parallax is set for 300 yards, but I see very little reticle movement at 100 yards. I've gotten used to AO's on my Leupold scopes, but I think I'll get used to not having it on this scope.

$450 is a good price for the 3-9, and it's a steal if the rebate comes off that. The best I found was $575 minus the $75 rebate from Zeiss, but I couldn't find a 3-9 in stock so I got the 3.5-10 and it was a little more.
I plan on getting another one in the next few days.

You might want to get the 800 or 1000 reticle for your .17 caliber because it's a flatter shooting round. The 600 is dead on to 400 yards (according to Zeiss) for my .243 with a 75 grain bullet at 3400 fps.
You can go to the Zeiss website and run your load on their calculator to see how the different reticles work out.

Last edited:
I am using the 3.5-10 x 44 with the Rapid Z600. It is a great scope. Optical quality is the best I have seen at any price.

Check out the Rapid Z calculator on the Zeiss website to find the power setting you will use for your exact load. This is a second focal plane scope so the reticle will change size in relation to the image as you zoom up and down. This is what allows the reticle to work with multiple cartridges/loads.

As the previous poster mentioned you may want an 800 or 1000 for that round. The calculator will make a recommendation based on your ballistics.

Back