The Hunter of the Month program has become an important part of our site here and I have great hopes of it becoming even larger and more involved. For a little history on the hows and whys of the program I will give you a few details. This program is in place to recognize the best documented hunting stories each month. The addition of photos, maps, etc… aids in storytelling and acts as a great learning opportunity for some of our less experienced members. Ultimately it is not only important to convey the final result of the hunt but also how the success was obtained.

Each month the moderators nominate a few of these stories that have been well documented and an internal vote is taken. The ultimate goal of this program is to encourage participation of our members and help others learn from not only the successful hunts but also the failures that we all have. Not every hunt will net you the prize of a lifetime but every hunt should be one that you and others can learn from. I would like to encourage and challenge each of you to participate and share your experiences and I hope to be able to make it worth your while with some outstanding donations that we are lining up for the Hunter of the Month program.

The backbone of this program has been the generosity of the various custom call makers and HOB sponsors and frankly would not be possible without them. In addition to the donations from those guys we will now be awarding some Predator Masters Gear monthly as well as various "extras" provided from board sponsors...

Although we know that a majority of the stories shared will be predator hunting related I want to encourage you guys to document your big game and small game hunts and everything in between. We have guys here that have interest in all types of hunting and I would like to see that promoted in every way possible.

This thread will run as a global to act as a reminder to you guys and to inform you of the donations up for grabs. Please check back on a regular basis as it will be updated monthly.

***Previous Winners***

September's winner was bushpilotmexico for his story of first two yotes of the season. Congrats to him and thanks to the guys that donated!

October's winner was SnakeFarm250 for the ultimate predator hunters prize. Check out the winner and the "best of the rest" here... \

November's vote and winner can be found here, the winner was Ursus for his story God must love little girls!

December's vote and winner can be found here , congrats to Knapper for his story A rare opportunity...

The 2009 Hunter of the Year Award can be found here. Taking home top honors this year was Ursus21 for his story God must love little Girls!

January's vote and winner can be found here , congrats to Mr. Granger for his great story Where's Bubba? Final Chapter .

February's HOM vote can be found here, congrats to Switch and Alyssa for their story Alyssa is at it again...she called in a Valentine's day fox!!!

The March HOM vote and winners can be found here... Mr. Granger pulled out another win with yet another very well documented story. mikegranger – Bubba and Dash’s last hunt of the 2009-2010 season

April's vote and winners can be found here. Congrats to mtcurman for his story Big coon hunt!!!.

May's HOM stories and votes can be found here. Congrats to SDHowler on his win for his story Using A Wheelchair Blind For Calling Success.

The June HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to Todd & Kolby Woodall for hsi story The Stay Puff Bobcat.

The July HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to rabiddog for his story My son made me go...

The stories and vote for the August HOM are here. Our winner for the month of August was screech for his story My Arizona hunt with Jeff Mock.

September's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to getemclose for yet another great story A cold snap.. A first.. And seven dead coyotes!

October's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Our winner this month was joshnaz for his story 4 & 5 year old go fox hunting

November's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to mtcurman for his story about My First Coyote

December's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Our winner for December was tt35 for his story Ben's First 'Cat...then another...and another...and.... PART 1

The 2010 Hunter of the Year award can be viewed here. Congrats to Switch for his story Alyssa is at it again...she called in a Valentine's day fox!!!

January's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to Sean Fulton for his story Called in a beautiful Cougar taken with my bow .

February's HOM stories and vote can be found here. Congrats to Switch for his story Another Valentine's Day fox for Alyssa

The stories and vote for March HOM can be found here. We had a tie this month and the tie-breaker can be found here. Congrats to Ursus21 for his story Spring Fling... sort'a

April's HOM stories and votes can be found here. Congrats to yfzdunner450 for his story Trip to Oregon.

The stories and vote for May's HOM are found here. Our winner this month was FullCryHounds for his story Alaska Bear Camp 2011

June HOM stories and vote can be found Here Congrats to Ursus21 for his story Coyotes+

July HOM stories and vote can be found Here Congrats to Jesse Lacky for his story 4th of July fun

August HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Silverfox on his story One more ND PD hunt

September HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Jerry Malbeck on his story Jareds first season behind the trigger

October HOM stories and vote HereCongrats to JCS271 on his story My wolf, it has all been worth it

November HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Switch on his story Alyssa is back at it

December HOM stories and vote Here Congrats to Silverfox on his story ND Coyote Hunt on 12-9-2011

The 2011 Hunter of the year vote and stories can be seen HERE Congrats to JCS271 on his story- My wolf, it has all been worth it!

January HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to Bennett for his story Idaho Wolf Down

February HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to 300magman for his story Finally I get to say it...WOLF DOWN!!!!!

March HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to Getemclose for his story Tough day of calling, Better than any day at work

April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE We had a tie this month. The vote on the tie can be found HERE Congratulations to Kizmo for his story Double beard and dog

May HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to 5psd for his story Coyote Countdown

June HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to SHampton for his story My 3 morning 26 Coyote Hunt with Tony T .

The July HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Ursus21 for his story Friday the 13th

The August HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Ursus21 for his story Hunting, Family and Success!

The September HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to WilyDawg for his story Amazing start to the new season!!!

The October HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Switch for his story Allyssa's First Coyote

The November HOM vote and stories can be found Here Congratulations to AZSpike for his story ******** #186 lbs ********

The December HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to ADK3210 for his story Yep I did it. I shot my Foxpro!

The 2012 Hunter Of The Year vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Switch for his story Alyssa's first coyote!

The January HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to NM Highplains on his story Son got 1st real coyote today!

The February HOM vote and stories can be found HERE we had a tie and the tie breaker vote can be found HERE Congrats to Derbyacresbob on his story I had two good Valentines day coyote calling stands!

The March HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Kizmo on his story 2 out of 3 ain't bad, except when #3 was SOLID BLACK!!!

The April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Magurohunter on his story 9 dogs down, 21 called in

The May HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Greensand Hunter on his story Snow Day Fox

The June HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to The Impactzone on his story Deidera Pulls a Double On Me

The July HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Jglynn on his story 17 stands 22 coyotes(a few videos) great weekend!!

The August HOM vote and stories can be found HERE. Congrats to Geenhead93 on his story My first coyote

The September HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Weekender on his story Who got the best deal!

The October HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to HPW on his story Always a Coyote Hunter

The November HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Overwatcher on his story The Whining Coyote:Wolf Hunt

The December HOM vote and stories can be found HERE We had a tie, the tie breaker vote can be found HERE Congratulations to Hawk-eye on his story My Bobcat Wait Is Over For 2013

The 2013 Hunter Of The Year vote and stories can be found HERE Congratulations to Jglynn on his story 17 stands 22 coyotes(a few videos) great weekend!! by Jglynn We also had a tie for third place. The tie breaker vote can be found HERE

The January HOM vote and stories can be found HERE congrats to Switch on his story My youngest daughter's first coyote!

The February HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Overwatcher on his story The story of the "Ghost Dog" : Wolf Hunt

The March HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Tx Cornhusker on his story The Wife's First

The April HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to JTPinTX on his story Girls, Guns, and Good Times!

The May HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Chupathingy on his story This weekend at the 3BH

The June HOM vote and stories can be found HRE We had a tie so a tie breaker vote was done. The results can be found HERE . Congrats to Infidel 762 on his story ~Weary coyotes in heat and a swimmer~

The July HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to Ihateyotes on his story Supermoon +1

The August HOM vote and stories can be found HERE Congrats to E5B on his story West Texas / SE Arizona trip

The September HOM vote and stories can be found

October

November

December

Edited by reb8600 (10/06/14 10:42 AM)

Albert Einstein