AR Groundhog...

Chad Walk

I went out today for the first time groundhog hunting with my new AR... I have been a bolt action man all my life and I really thought I would be handicapped hunting with this new rifle because I just wasnt use to it...I had this groundhog to come out at 210 yards lasered and stand up... I settled the Leupold 3x9 crosshair right below his chin and very easily squeezed the trigger because the trigger is crap...I heard the 60 gr. Nosler SP thump him and saw his tail start twitching! Let me tell you,I was impressed! I'm real happy with this little rifle and I think I will grow to like it more as I get familiar with it...I bought it for coyotes but I think Ill take her for another round of hogs tomarrow...
wink.gif

100_2350.jpg

Knowing how you shoot I'd say it was about 21 yards awawy!!! Or I'd say what really happened is Caleb is probaly the one who killed it!!! LOL Axe

Hunting with an AR is just pure fun, regardless of what game you're after. Having said that, an AR is more accurate than a lot of people think, or at least some ARs are. Even my shorty 16" Bushmaster with collapsable stock will do around 1" or slightly more with 60 gr. HPs.

If ARCOREY is tuned in, he can attest to some rather long AR shots on groundhogs. Great stuff.

Nice going on the groundhog.

Last edited:
Thankyou guys for the comments...This is the low-pro cheapy DPMS model and I like it alot...Ha Ha I had groundhogs coming out around the 500 yard mark and I had the barrel pointed up in the sky just lofting bullets at them
laugh.gif
...Like you said 6mm06 it was alot of fun just shooting it today...
grin.gif
Im going back tomarrow for some more...
wink.gif

Back