....how many shoot a 22BR....

Chapped Lips

...and what firearm do ya stuff the shells into?....
mine are a Rampro with Kreiger barrel and a Ruger #1 with Shilen select match....same load in both....Rampro gets 3800 fps avg ; #1 gets 3960 fps avg...tight necks.

I have had two 22BR's built over the years. Both built on Remington actions and Broughton barrels. H322 is my powder of choice along with 52gr match bullets. All my brass has been Remington and if you do your part will stuff the bullets in the same hole. Both guns are tightneck single shot. They are a pure pleasure on a PD town.

Bob...my powder worked out to be AA2015...i use lapua but found the rem primed 6BR to be just as consistent...rem 7BR is just average...mine were built for pdogs & rockchucks.

I have a 22 BR built on a Mauser action with a Douglas SS Barrel. I had the action available, so that's what I used.
Best powder for it is RL-7 with Berger 52 grain Varmint bullets. Got a three shot, 3/8" group at 100 yards with it. The next best powder is N-133, same bullet.

Mine is a Cooper 22, has a 26" barrel with a 14 twist. shoots anything you feed it real well, but best load by far is any decent 52g bullet and vv n135. really a nice rifle, but a little heavy. will never sell it.
Barry

Broughton 22BR- this is my 1st BR. It has a 6oz Remington target trigger,McMillan stock and of course an original Broughton barrel. I think my load is 28.5 or 29gr H322. I did a test with this gun starting at 26gr-30gr. It shot the same tight 5 shot group throughout the .5gr increments in the 3's. Built it strictly for PD's. All smith work done by Harold Broughton.

22BR.jpg

Mine is a Remington action with a Hart barrel . Tight neck chamber . I shoot mostly 40 grain Ballistic Tips and it usually shoots in the .3's .

Originally Posted By: Bob AddyBroughton 22BR- this is my 1st BR. It has a 6oz Remington target trigger,McMillan stock and of course an original Broughton barrel. I think my load is 28.5 or 29gr H322. I did a test with this gun starting at 26gr-30gr. It shot the same tight 5 shot group throughout the .5gr increments in the 3's. Built it strictly for PD's. All smith work done by Harold Broughton.

22BR.jpg

Cool rifle!!!!!
It just doesn't get any better!!!!

Built my BR on an original Nesika Bay J action with an Arnold Jewell trigger and a McMillan stock. It wears a 4.5x14x50 AO Leupold VX-III in Talley rings, and on the front-end is a Shilen SSSM barrel in #6.5 .224" 14 twist.

I built it myself and that puppy will throw a 1/3rd inch 5-shot group at 100 yds all day and all night :p

52Gr Berger with 48 clicks of N133 on the culver

Mine's a budget build compared to some here, but neither I nor the Gophers can tell the difference..
CZ452032.jpg

I got a good deal on an SPS,,, sold the barrel and stock and sent the action to Pac-Nor. They've done a few for me and their action work is as good as any IMO.. The Stock's an HS Police model, and the trigger's an older Remmy set at 1.5lbs..
Since it's strictly a Gopher gun I did a no turn neck..
Oh yea,, it's the one on the table, and like others have said,, "I'll never sell it"..
smile.gif

Charlie

Repete
I am building the same exact gun as your HS, pss but i am going with the 6BR 262 neck, with a 12twist shilen stainless barrel on a trued up rem 700 action. I will be using a Nikon monarch ucc for optics. This is going to be my yote buster for the 2009 2010 season. I am glad i saw this post as i was wanting to see how it will look all put together. Nice rig.
I also have a 22BR on a Lawton 7500 series benchrest action with a 23" Krieger HV 14 twist. I plan to shoot 52 gr match bullets with it. It is in the mail and on the way home from the smiths as i type this. It will come with a 30BR Krieger barrel as well (switch barrel rifle). Mcmillan Bruno HV stock. It will be a sweet rig for sure. I also had another 22br in a 8 twist for heavy bullets. It shot real good out to 500 yards. I may even do an exact copy of your HS PSS rifle in a 22BR like your later in the season. I have everything to do it with in the safe. I will go with an 8 twist Shilen barrel in a rem 700 varmint contour i have stashed in the safe. It is a chrome moly barrel but i bet it will still shoot Half inch groups when i get it done, if i do it that is. Nice rigs repete. Send me a Pm and tell me more about your Hs pss rig. Lee

RePete...never apologize-sweet rig!...heck,i used a #1 that was a so-so 257 bob...now that cudda been an expensive trainwreck for me but Triple G Gunsmithing ,Stephensville,TX, made it seem easy.

Kind of 22BR on streroids
grin.gif

rifles046.jpg

rifles045.jpg

It's a 22br neck and shoulder but is based off a 243 parent case.
Rem 700 Action Trued
26" Shilen
Rifle Basix Trigger
H-S Precision Stock

Back