Colt HBar makeover

fw707

Well, I got the Colt back yesterday after having a little work done....a new JP trigger installed and adjusted to about 3 pounds, and a floated handguard installed.
I tried it out with a couple of factory loads before I brought it home and the best group I had was way less than a half inch at about 75 yards with Federal 55 grain Ballistic Tips......way better than anything I've shot before.
wink.gif

That free-float handguard is almost always an improvement when you're upgrading for accuracy. Even my stock fre--floated Oly with the horrible factory trigger would shoot some tiny groups.

Glad you saw an improvement. It's gonna be a lot more fun to shoot now I bet.
grin.gif

Yep, a big improvement already.
The trigger has just a little creep, but it breaks around 3 pounds and it's way better than the TRIGGER FROM H)&# that came on the Colt! It was without a doubt the worst trigger I've ever felt on a rifle.

I built another AR on a DoubleStar lower and a DelTon upper and it had a very decent trigger in the parts kit. It's gonna get swapped out pretty soon with DTech's RRA trigger when the new DTech upper is ready to ship.
grin.gif

The last lower parts kit I used was a DPMS. I took a hard Arkansas stone to the edges of the sears, just enough to break any burrs, and it didn't end up being half bad.
The stock trigger in my Oly, on the other hand, was quite the gritty piece of junk.
I don't know if all the DPMS triggers are that nice, but I was plesantly surprised with what I got after 3 minutes of work. It's definately shootable.

Quote:It was without a doubt the worst trigger I've ever felt on a rifle.

laugh.gif
The last 10/22 I bought, I kept checking to see if I had the safety off.

Last edited:
I have a h-bar elite 24" 1/9" and has a hard trigger pull no creep or over travel but let me tell you she will shoot with varget & 60gr.vmax ragged hole and a small one at that is the colt a large pin would like to get a new trigger but dont know which one to get if I spend that kind of money on a trigger I dont want any creep or over travel whats the best one for the colt

Originally Posted By: 243VLSI have a h-bar elite 24" 1/9" and has a hard trigger pull no creep or over travel but let me tell you she will shoot with varget & 60gr.vmax ragged hole and a small one at that is the colt a large pin would like to get a new trigger but dont know which one to get if I spend that kind of money on a trigger I dont want any creep or over travel whats the best one for the colt

Mine is the (.169) large pin.

Last edited:
Back