Bushnell Banner 6-24-40

cathntr

I found a brand new Bushnell Banner 6-24-40 Dusk to Dawn scope for $80. I know nothing about Bushnell scopes so Im wondering if this one is worth the money. Im trying to find a higher power scope to put on my .243. The 3-9-40 just isnt cutting anymore. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Josh

i have one in 3-9-40. As far as the quality you can't beat it for the money. I also have a friend who has the 6-18-50 AO on his 17hmr. He is also very happy with it. They have both held zero fine and functioned properly so far.

I have a 3.5-10X42 I believe on my Tikka.. have been using it for a year and a half with no problems. Always holds zero, and gets used alot on my .223. Not sure how the recoil will react from a .243 But Id doubt that you would be dissapointed with your purchase. Good Luck.

I have that exact scope, MIL-DOT version, on my .243. It works just like one would expect a scope to work. It is the only one of the 4 Bushnell scopes I own that worked as it should right out of the box and kept working for more than two range trips. I've had it for 2 years and it's been subjected to a lot of rounds with no issues.

It works better than the Elite 3200 3-9x40 scopes on my .223 and Hornet. Both of these need to go back to Bushnell because they won't hold zero.

I also have a Bushnell 4200 Elite 8-32x40 on my .22-250 LRPV. It was bad from the start and had to be returned to the factory for repair. It also only has 20MOA adjustment range. Now that it has been fixed it works as one would expect a scope to work and adjusts like it should.

My next scope will be a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40SF.

Fitch

Back