AR Triggers Review

I read this review on AR15.com:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=366464

After that I bought the Gisselle (sp?) DMR. I have not tried a whole bunch of AR triggers, but it's my favorite of the ones I did try.

I also have a RRA NM. It is very nice for the price. I picked up 3 Sun Devil lowers for me and two buddies that all had RRA NM triggers. All three were nice, but each had a different feeling. Of course I took the one I liked the best (my gas money right?).

Adco sells the RRA NM 2 stage that is Olympic arms puts some tuning on for $120. I hear they make that trigger just that much better.

Quote:Adco sells the RRA NM 2 stage that is Olympic arms puts some tuning on for $120. I hear they make that trigger just that much better.

They do, huh? If I was going to consider that, I'd contact Oly first and see if you can't get the same thing from them cheaper by cutting out the "middle man".

Oly stuff has a lifetime warranty if you buy it from them (and maybe if you buy it from Adco, I'm not sure).

I know Oly offers that trigger in some of their rifles, so they would (probably) sell you one direct. They stand behind their warranty, too.

I'm just sayin, it might be worth checking out to see who gives the better deal.
wink.gif

Oly's got a pretty low mark-up on their stuff typically.

You could ask over here and get the straight scoop. Ignore stuff from that Evil_Lurker guy, he's full of it.
crazy.gif

Oly Arms owner's assoc.

You guys are missing the boat... I sent a fire control group off to Bill Springfield (http://triggerwork.net/ar15s.html) and when I got it back and installed it is sooooo much better than the factory trigger that I'll be having him do the next AR I purchase as well because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg and works!!!

I have the McCormick on mine and I love it, I would like to try a Timney, but they are sure pricey, and after my experience with a Timney trigger on my Howa, (it wasn't a drop in that's for sure!) I'm hesitant to pay their asking price for one.

I put the Geissele SSA in one of my lowers this summer and I have a JP Modular in the other. Like them both. If I was going to replace one it probably would be the JP just because I prefer a two stage on an AR but I probably will keep them both.

I have a 3lb. JP tirgger that I installed on my 16" Oly and it is very crisp with no creep. Any lighter and shooting with gloves wouldn't be much fun. I've had my JP trigger for about 6 years or so and it is a great single stage trigger. It's relatively inexpensive and easy to install. I personally don't care too much for 2 stage triggers. But that is my opinion.

zach0315

I have the JP in my Colt HBAR
And just installed the Timney 3lb skeleton in my R-15.

Both guns punch proly 20 rounds of paper for each round that is fired at game. So they are use for both target and Predator hunting. What can I say " I like shooting" and if there is nothing to kill... I will punch paper!

After installing the Timney (which was easy)it was a great improvement over the factory and I liked it. BUT at the range shooting it immediately after the JP in comparision I did not like the Timney near as much. It has just a slight bit of creep before breaking which was disappointing after spending the $$.

From others posts I proly should contact Timney and see if they can help me "adjust" the creep out? In their defense, the JP was Smith installed & tuned where as I just dropped the Timney in.

Just my 2 cents worth!

Scott at Specialized Dynamics (Scottmilk9) just installed a JP trigger in my 16". I love this trigger. He and Mark did a great job tuning it. There is no creep and it is very very crisp. I was going to go with a Timney but for the money Scott advised me to try the JP and for now I wont be shopping any other triggers. I am very please with the service Scott provided and the quality of JP's product.

Originally Posted By: CharliebeeYou guys are missing the boat... I sent a fire control group off to Bill Springfield (http://triggerwork.net/ar15s.html) and when I got it back and installed it is sooooo much better than the factory trigger that I'll be having him do the next AR I purchase as well because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg and works!!!

His work is Great!! I had a colt with a trigger that I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy! I sent it to Bill on a Monday and had it back Thursday or Friday, it’s been a few months back. It is sooooo smooth. For the money you can't go wrong compared to other replacement triggers. I had mine put at 4 lbs if I had it done again I might have it set to 3 lbs.

The Geissele is a top notch two stage, I installed two of them for guys this past spring. They would be on the top of my list for 2 stage. Otherwise the Jard single stage triggers are very hard to beat. I've found that after you shoot a 100+ rounds with this trigger that you will need to tweak the trigger a bit more for it to settle down.
If your looking to save a few bucks, its hard to beat the value of the RRA two stage match. You can easily smooth up the contact points yourself and that will make it much smoother with less perceived take up.

Recko555,
I do informal plinking but mainly use it for coyote hunting in N. Ga. It is sweeeeeet!!! First morning using it I killed a young mail. The new trigger inspires confidence and is truly great. Tried all the others and the Pact is the best in my opinion!!
Good SHootin'
Greg Harrison

New guy here. I have few Ar's and so far I'm happiest w/JP's single stage trigger. It can take a little while to set it up, but it is nice and crisp. I have two RRA NM two stage triggers, which are pretty good for factory non adjustable triggers and three standard RRA triggers modified by Bill. They had little bit of creep, but few drops of lapping compound and dremel took it right out. They're the best bang for the $$$ and a fast turn around time on Bill's end.

Back